Advice Required: Booking 1 Way Ticket to Melbourne

Shabani

GDay

Thank you in advance for your contribution:

I am booking my family one way ticket to Melbourne and require advice on the choice of airline , pro's and cons.

1. Qantas

2. Emirates

2. Bag Allowance 30kg - 40kg , or is this dependent on the type of seat, economy , premium

3. Any other information about the preparations to fly would be welcome

Thank You

Hi Shabani,

You can have a look at the below threads for more info. They might help you with the kind of query you have:

1. http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/45144-flight-centre-vs-iom-for-oneway-migrant-tickets/

2. http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/45807-packing-luggage-for-flight-how-much-did-your-bags-weigh/

Thx

Manav!

• Like 1

We just got a quote on Qantas, via IOM for R8900 pp, with 40kg+ hand luggage. The flight is mid May 2016 though, and goes Jhb-Syd-Mel. I asked IOM for the 40kg, no problem getting it. I was also flexible with day of the week, some days are cheaper.

I really wanted to try Singapore, but was unable to wrangle the 40kg, even after trying two flight centres and reading the website rather thoroughly. Flight centre could get me the 40kg, but by bumping me up a little(in the same cabin, so no added comfort), which made a direct flight with Qantas more appealing, since the price was now the same.

So we'll take the Qantas deal.

Edited by RedPanda