Perth Settling In (Help Please)

Santosh

Hello There, I'm due to arrive in Perth in a couple of months once my VIsa is approved.

Some questions I have.

1. Do you guys know where I can get furnished rental accomodation.

2. What is typically supplied with a furnished place as I need this before my stuff arrives. Due to cost, I'm going a groupage option.

3. Where are good laundry facillities in Perth (not too expensive) - a place where I can get my stuff washed and dried.

4. Are there any new housing developments coming up in Perth?

5. I'm getting a range of quotes for my removals and the volumes seem to differ drastically between quotes. Have any of you experience this as well.

Thanks

Santosh

Try stayz.com.au you can find furnished accomadation.

Cheers

Camper

Dear Santosh,

1)Regarding furnished rentals you can try the following www.aussiestay.com.au or www.aussiemove.com

You can also contact the following whom have furnished houses/apartments.

Lize Prinsloo lizeprinsloo@bigpond.com and John D'arcy stephaniedarcy@lizzy.com.au

2) Most furnish rentals apartments come fully equiped with linen /beds/crockery/cutlery/TV/Micro Wave Ovens washing machines and dryers etc.

3) There are laudry facilities in all the suburbs like wishy washy (coin operated), Dry cleaning is expensive or alternative do your own washing and get some one to do the ironning for you.

4) Plenty of new housing developments happening in Perth. depends on where you want to stay / do you want a house/apartment and how deep your pockets are.

My suggestions is rent a furnished apartment for a few weeks until you know more or less where you want to stay, then get an unfurnished rental - rent the furniture on a weekly basis of what you are going to need

Buy a few cups /plate etc etc cheaply or borrow until your furniture arrives.

5) Cant help you with shipping companies , but I do know that groupage takes longer to get here than normal as they have to have enough people grouping before they send the stuff off.

Any further questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Enrica

Have had a look on this site - but extremely expensive. From what I've seen on Reniwa, I am loking at below $350 per week. Is that reasonalble.

Hello There, I'm due to arrive in Perth in a couple of months once my VIsa is approved.

Some questions I have.

1. Do you guys know where I can get furnished rental accomodation.

2. What is typically supplied with a furnished place as I need this before my stuff arrives. Due to cost, I'm going a groupage option.

3. Where are good laundry facillities in Perth (not too expensive) - a place where I can get my stuff washed and dried.

4. Are there any new housing developments coming up in Perth?

5. I'm getting a range of quotes for my removals and the volumes seem to differ drastically between quotes. Have any of you experience this as well.

Thanks

Santosh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Santosh

We rented in Wembley when we first arrived in Perth and we were paying $250 a week for a furnished, two-bedroom unit. Rental prices have gone up and you will find something in your price range but it might take a while as there are some dodgy places out there. Maybe you should rent a holiday apartment for a few weeks and look for something...

Cheers

Gaille