Primary Schools (Private and Public) North Gold Coast

Move2Aus

Hi Everyone,

We are looking at moving over to Northern Gold Coast mid next year. As we are going without jobs we will look at Public and Private schools.

It seems the following schools rate highly on the Queensland rating - Coomera Anglican College, St Stephens, AB Paterson, Coomera Rivers State, Highland reserve state, Pimpama primary state.

My eldest is 5 in Feb so we would need to slot her into Prep year.

Any advice on good primary schools in the northern gold coast area would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hi Move to Aus,

Waiting lists for some of the private schools listed are shocking. Trying to get in for prep now would be really difficult.

I'm in the middle region of the gold coast, but I have friends and teacher friends in the north.

St Stephens is probably the best of those listed above, it is probably the most expensive though. Coomera Anglican is good, AB Paterson less so. (My friend taught at AB Paterson and has decided to send her girl to St Stephens.)

There is a private school in Ormeau called Livingstone Christian College, it is much cheaper than the rest and has a really good reputation.

Having said that, my South African friend just took her boys out of Livingstone and put them in Ormeau State School, she got tired of paying school fees! Her boys are thriving in the state school.

Pimpama and Ormeau are relatively new areas with a lot of development, the schools are new and modern with good facilities.

Coomera state schools have not had good reviews on the Gold Coast, its a high rental area with a lot of issues and crime. Three sets of our friends have been burgled in Coomera, 2 of them South Africans 8-((

Pimpama and Ormeau are much better bets.

• Like 1

Thanks so much LBW!

Finding the right school in the right area is probably the most stressful thing on my mind at the moment. I definitely don't want to be in a high crime area so the balance of good school and good area is key. I will investigate the Pimpama and Ormeau areas more.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

The state schools for your kids when they are young are pretty good. Clover hill, Varsity college, Merrimac, Robina and Mudgeeraba are all good state schools. Hillcrest Christian academy is a really good private school with cheaper school fees than most of the other private schools. I have friends that have kids there and their wife teaches there and love the school, these are all not in Northern Gold Coast though. My choice of school for Northern Gold Coast would be St Stephens by far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you can bear the hideous bright orange!! :lol:  a friend of mine had her kids at ST Stephens and they were happy there, expensive though, but seriously, that orange would be enough to put me off!