Checklist after arrival

Stace

I am quite sure there was a post I read a couple months ago in this "Settling In" forum but I can't seem to find it, have trawled through so many.

If you can find it, please send me the link and I can delete this.

It's just something so important (I think) for those who are imminent in arriving in Aus.

There was a sort of "checklist" mentioned, in order of what we should get sorted first - i.e: drivers licence first then bank accounts, etc.

Bear in mind that we are on a 457 visa, so no Medicare or Centrelink :closedeyes:

Thank you kindly & in advance

xx

Red Panda you biscuit!

This one is even better than the one I originally read haha, thank yoooooou :ilikeit:

Here's another...is there a checklist somewhere on what documents I should have ready for agents when we want to apply for a rental on the spot?
Sydney based in particular, but will probably find it's the same all over. Just so I can get it all done and ready, so I can pounce!

• Like 1

Stace,

RE rentals.

You'll need to register on-line with the letting agencies to book an appointment to view a listing.

You'll need to sign a TRA disclosure allowing letting agents run background checks on you, you only need to do this once.

On application you'll need to have a least a months rent available as a deposit.

It's best to have a cover letter introducing yourself and your family, a bit about who will be living there, if you were owner occupiers before moving, or if you rented to have a good testimonial and reference(s) as well as a character reference.

They'll require copies of you passports and a letter of employment.

You'll then sign a lease, which is pretty stock standard as it is overseen by REINSW (Real Estate Institute of New South Wales) & Fairtrade Australia.

You might not need ALL of the above, but it doesn't harm you to have all that information on hand, the early bird gets the worm and the more info you can arm yourself with the better.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Matt

Edited by AFreshStart
  • Like 1

Thanks a million Matt, that's helps a lot !! Its always better to have too much info on hand for the agents than too little! :ilikeit:

• Like 1