Stamping of passport upon arrival..

NatalieB

Good day all...I hope someone can ease my concern...I landed in Sydney yesterday..had my passport scanned but they had a issue with my passport as the main page with my picture has a little tear which happened while it was being scanned through at check in...I had to see one of the immigration supervisors so they could ask questions of why the passport had the tear..was advised to get a new passport when I go back home.. I was then told I could go through...Once I was done with luggage and got out..I realised that my passport has no stamp...is this normal...I am freaking. out now wondering if I was supposed to go back to immigration to get it stamped...

Those who have already done their activation trips..did you get your passports stamped? If so...how do I find out if they really activated my visa? I don't want to be here for a few years and find out that my passport was not processed...I know I'm probably sounding crazzy....but I'm worried sick..

Relax,it is all stored electronically when scanned, that is how they know you got visa and are allowed to enter.So even with no stamp they can retrieve all the info they need, including arrival and departure.

dates. You got sidetracked and they never bothered to stamp it, and stamp is completely irrelevant in any case.

Edited by benp

Thank you Benp...yeah been freaking out here..is there a way I can check though..or should I just let it go..

NatalieB, you can also log onto Vevo at https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Visa
You should be able to see if you are currently in the country and what your visa status is, if you are worried.

• Like 1

Ahh thanks RedPanda...I will do that..Just to ease my pneumatic head!!!

But you do need to check while you are actually in the country, I found this out after we were back here, so I only ever saw that our visa was "In Effect". But even that helps, 'cause if they never logged us then we would have missed the date of first entry and I guess it would have been cancelled?

Anyway, I know that feeling of unnecessary stress over things just because they are going 'too easily'. I kept feeling like things weren't really happening, because in RSA if things go smoothly it's usually because they are not going at all.

• Like 1

You can always phone border (ie immigration) or pop in to visit them. They don't have th staff to take calls from every would be VISA applicant, but they will take your call if you are in the country.

Just be ready for a 30 minute wait on the line till they take your call.

There number should be on Www.border.gov.au

RedPanda I did check on Vevo and it said it's "in effect"..

so that was a bloody relief...yes when things go a bit tooo smoothly...my worry antenna goes up..At least that's off my back!!! now just stressing ova this job hunting thing...and getting get thick skin from all the rejection responses because I don't have Australian experience... Have you found a job yet Monsta?

• Like 1

Hi NatalieB,

Where are you located and what are you lokoing for? I may have a contact with my current Company (we get referral bonus for succuessful placement).

Cheers

Althea

Hi Althea..I am currently in Melbourne and I'm looking for something in the OHS/WHS field..I have been mostly working in the construction industry...but it's one of those fields where one can adapt to different industries..

Can I send you my email addy do that I can forward my cv!! Would really appreciate any help..

Regards

Nat.