Visa Activation trip

LouiseMark

Hi all

Please forgive me for being lazy but time on internet limited. I am sure someone else may have asked this question.

We are going to Australia in December to activate our visa for our family of 5. What paperwork is necessary to take along? Or is it all activated by the passports?

We all have SA passport PLUS European passports and I did request for the visa to be linked to all.

I can just imagine the chaos of trying to keep check of 3 kids, a husband who has zero time management skills (we have been late for a plane more than once!) and then still trying to keep a bunch of paperwork in hand!

Thanks!

Hi. Your visa is of the electronic type, therefore when you show your passport at the airport your visa details will be in the system. To be on the safe side take your visa approval letter with you just in case there is a problem with the system and you can show a hard copy of your visa approval. This obviously applies to all passports which are linked to the visa. In other words take any paperwork with you which applies to the approval of your visa. There is nothing worse than being stuck at the airport because the system "broke down".

• Like 1

I arrived last week and just handed them my passport ... it was stamped with no questions asked. I did, as Peterthe1 suggests, have a copy of my visa grant letter available should they have asked for it.

• Like 1

Thanks!

I actually found a post last night on this exact subject and it helped loads! Thanks emma.yenkana for the original post!