Calling all South African fishermen and families in Canberra

Milton

Hi all,

I have just relocated here and will relocate my South African wife and children 4 and 6 years of age. Should any of you have children around the same age and would like to meet up for a picnic or braai at a park one day contact me to arrange. At this point in time the family will come across in December.

Given most South Africans love to fish, if you'd like to meet up to catch a few shad, lets arrange a trip to the south coast.

Regards, Milton

milt2002@hotmail.com

When I land in January I will take you up on the offer. There is a lot of freshwater fishing pretty close to the city. We can also try that. My son is 7 and really outgoing so I'm sure he would enjoy meeting your eldest as well.

I've only done fresh water and estuary fishing myself though.

I am also curious to hear

Sounds great Brendan, look forward to exploring the region with you, there are quite a few fresh water options here and parks etc that are great for families. I'm sure the children will get along well.

I've come across some nice areas at the coast that look like they kob as well.

regards Milton

Did you ship your rods there? I'm looking for a way to send mine over.

No i purchased mine here, when i travel back and buy more they come back with me on the flight in a plastic tube. Perhaps ship them over with the rest of your stuff, i have a few spare i could loan you