De Facto Proof Submission

Charne

Good day Errrybody,

So I'm in the process of putting together all the de facto evidence for my partner and I. I have scanned in many slips and bills and photo's letters and tickets and emails and policies, etc. (I think you get the idea).

My question is, how do I present this information, can we upload more than one document as proof or does everything have to be bound together into one pdf? Can you put them in folders?

I'm afraid I send through an array of documentation (with no explanations or order) and then the case officer doesn't know what that specific letter is trying to prove or how it links to our relationship.

What have people in our situation done?

Any advice or thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated. :P

Can't really help with the electronic side of things since included ours, neatly filled and referenced in our paper applications. But if I had to do it electronically I'd write a cover letter explaining that the following documentation is to support your on-going and genuine relationship and the combine it all (Photos, Bills etc) into a single PDF.

Cheers

Matt

Thank you for the reply Matt.

That does make total sense. I can put all those university report writing skills to good use and make a neat PDF file.

I categorised the items and then scanned them together (or you can download 'stitching' software to join pdf docs together). Each category had its own table of contents and where appropriate had an explanation / details of what it related to. On the photos I actually put labels / descriptions at the bottom of the photo to make it easier for them. To be quite honest I don't remember if we made it one PDF or multiple.

#TookMeHoursToCompile!

Hi

Our application was electronically and please dont scan it as 1 pdf. There is a heading for each attachment. Just save each doc under a easy heading eg. Id ....... persons name and surame, bank statement nedbank, passport persons name etc.

Regards

Malikah

• Like 1

Thanks for that Greggle,

I have PDF binding software. I've made a lovely collage type time line for the case officer and included pictures and labels (if i could use glitter glue i would, i'm fancy like that).

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the case officer by confusing him/her.

Hi Malikah, thank you for the information, did you upload your de facto relationship proof as one document or many? We've saved other documents relating to the application such as the passports separately.

Hello Guys,

For electronic applications like Spouse visas DIBP actually want you to upload single documents clearly named and assigned to the appropriate description from their drop down list.

This allows them to quickly identify what has been supplied and what is still outstanding.

They do not want to have to open up documents containing a lot of different(even related) items as this takes time and is harder to track.

I hope this helps!

Regards

• Like 4

Hi Stephen,

So if I understand you correctly, I should keep all the documents relating to the de facto proof separate as there will be a drop down option asking for the joined bank account proof and another drop down option asking for social activities we share and another as proof that we share expenses, etc?

Thank you Charne and all for this most informative thread ....following it with anticipation!

Sorry to hi-jack....

BUT: do these documents/ photos/ love-letters/ etc have to be certified?

Many thanks

shelly

Hi Shelly,

Bank statements, wills and policies will have to be certified copies. Not so sure about love letters. Photos can't be certified (to my very limited knowledge about the topic), :grads: I say this because all my photos are digital and not hard copies.

Would like an expert opinion on this one as I've not gone through this process.

Thanks Chane,

Yes - understand about the documents..but let's see if we can get more information from those who have gone through this before...

Its been rather nerve-wrecking for me to discover I don't actually have enough evidence on paper to prove, despite years of loving and living together!! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shelly,

Just an update,

None of the de facto proof we submitted was certified so will let you know if its accepted by the case officer.

• Like 1

None of our photos or evidence of being in the same place/time were certified, neither with the 309 or 100 parts. Will, bank statement, passports, marriage cert etc, yes, photos, invites etc, no.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shelly,

I forgot to update on this topic. We got our visa granted with the de facto proof not being certified. If you want more specific information on how I submitted/presented our de facto poof please don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 2

De Facto relationship Partner Visa 309/100 granted!!

Start 11 June 2015

Last document uploaded (PCC) 10 September 2015

Visa granted 01 October 2015

• Like 2

Charne - Thank you for your feedback ... glad to read that ; I am getting into panic mode and at times you just need another person to say what worked for them to calm the nerves!!

Much appreciated!

Well done and good luck!!!!

Edited by shellykd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thanks for this thread. We are in the process of getting our 189 visas but the case officer wants us to prove that our relationship is genuine (we are married). So it's a bit of a speed bump but will obviously need to submit some documents soon.

My question: we are newly wed and young so we don't have wills (can we organize one now and submit or is that suspicious?) but we do have a pre nup (is this good evidence?). I have also allocated my pension and all of that to him should I pass. We do not own property or rent since our accommodation is paid for by his employer so can I get the land lord to write a letter stating this? We also don't have a joint bank account :(

We unfortunately aren't the type of people to record every single moment of our lives so our social lives are difficult to prove on paper.

Also, we had a very small wedding (attended by only his and my parents) so things like wedding photos and wedding bills are limited. It was our personal choice to have a wedding like this and the rest of the family understood and respected that and they all recognize and support our union.

Can someone please give me some tips? I'm running out of "proofs".

Thanks in advance

Edited by Odendaal

Hello Odendaal.

Married couples only need to submit their unabridged marriage certificate in support of the relationship. No other documentation is required.

Hey Charne

Thanks for the reply but we were requested by the CO to provide more than this. Like a lot of proof. Then again I did only submit a standard marriage certificate initially. Do you think this was a problem?

Oh your CO is a difficult one. I'm not entirely sure if that could be that. I'm sure the peoples on the forum who have been through it could advise.

I'm popping you a PM check your inbox ;)

Odendaal, has your CO come back to you yet?