Just started the process

Nuts4uWP

Hi

just a quick introductory note. My wife and i have just received the first documentary requirements from Migration Network Australia for our 186 visa application. We are both feeling like we are about to climb into a whirlwind of activity and list making ove rhte coming months. I'm sorry South Africa for your loss, but it seems lke the destination will be worth the journey.

Andrew & Sharon

Cape Town towards Brisbane

• Like 2

Welcome Andrew and Sharon and all the best with everything ahead.

My wife and i have just received the first documentary requirements from Migration Network Australia for our 186 visa application.

Welcome to the forum! What agent are you using?

Hi Richard

we are using Marlene from Migration Network Australia

Welcome, hope your journey is a smooth one!

Good luck. Remember your agent has done their homework and you should qualify for your VISA. Now comes the part where you have to prove you aren't moving to Aussie to live in government handouts!

Aussie is a first world country that deals with migrants every day. 60% of the population migrated here themselves or are here because their parents migrated.

You obviously meet the requirements, so Aussie does want you here. Just remember they can only build houses, schools etc..at a certain rate. So the country can't accept an infinite number if migrants each year.

So, while you are waiting in the que, enjoy your last few months/years in RSA. We all remember the good times we had in RSA before we left. It's a good time for you guys to have a few more of those :)

Edited by monsta

Hey Monsta

Thanks for the encouragement. We are hopeful that as this is an employer sponsored visa and the employer is urgently in need of my wife's services (her occupation is on the Skills shortage list) that this will be a relatively quick process. So yes it seems that it will be months rather than years for us to enjoy what there is to enjoy of good old RSA

Welcome to the forum and all the best for the process ahead.

More and more Capetonians leaving.........

I get the feeling that when the Capetonians start leaving there is real trouble! We from Gauteng always think the 'Republic of the Cape' is fine.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that when the Capetonians start leaving there is real trouble! We from Gauteng always think the 'Republic of the Cape' is fine.

We're moving to get away from all the people from Gauteng who are relocating here :whome:

We're moving to get away from all the people from Gauteng who are relocating here :whome:

:P

We're skipping mini-gration and just going straight to Aus, no use wasting the time just delaying the inevitable. But we have family in the Cape, and can certainly see how the Capetonians can comfortably ignore many of the things that are starting to 'scare' us up North.