Melbourne - just arrived! Anyone else recently landed?

snakey

Hi all

My wife and I have just got to Melbourne. We are based in a rental apartment in the city for the time being.

Hoping their may be a few others that have recently moved over.

Would love to generally connect and share any war stories.

Hi Snakey, welcome to Melbourne. I hope your new life here will go very well.

Hi Snakey. We will be over at the end of the year. Also coming to Melbourne. I think Mara might be planning a 'meet and greet' towards the end of the year :) so maybe we can all catch-up then?

So jealous! Will join you SOOOOOON, hopefully before Christmas!

Hi

Welcome. Been here for 4 months. Me, hubby, 2 kids and lots of emotions, still settling in.

Happy to connect and exchange experiences.

Hi Rush22 & Snakey.

Did you both go with a specific area in Melbourne in mind? Rush22, I see you also have two kids. Have you found a nice school for them? What was the whole process like? We are really finding it hard trying to decide on an area to stay. We both really like Doncaster becasue the schools seem awesome, but until we are there we won't really know. Not long now though. November here we come!

Hi - we will join you in Melbourne at the end of the month - by then you can tell us where a good place is to meet for coffee ;) All the best for your first few weeks.

• 2 months later...

Hello Snakey, we are also new to Melbourne. We will living in the Point Cook area of Melbourne so please feel free to get in touch with us :-) I had packed for Perth weather and Melbourne is rather chilly at times. All the Best

Hi Snakey

Welcome to Melbourne :ilikeit: .

Itchyfeet- Doncaster if a terrific area. There are several schools, though most of them have a specified area from which they draw their students. So, if you do not live in that area, you cannot enrol in that school. The secret is, getting a rental in the zone that you have targeted for a specific school.

All the best to you guys.