Newcastle?

Eyebrow

Does anyone live in Newcastle, NSW?

If so, what is it like please?

My search continues...

Eyebrow, no specific knowledge, but we have friends that lived there and they absolutely loved it. Hope you get others that can tell you about Newcastle in more detail.

• Like 1

Eyebrow,

Same as Mara, have friends that live there and love it, but no first hand experience myself. They've been in Auckland, NZ for over a decade and he was offered a job there and they moved there a couple months ago. They have a teenage son at home and they popped down to Sydney a few weeks ago and we spent a few hours together. Newcastle is easily accessible by train from Sydney, 2-hours+

They have really taken to it and love the town, made friends quickly and are enjoying what it has to offer and feel that it gives them a chance to own a home, which just wasn't happening in Auckland and isn't much easier here in Sydney.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

Same, we just drive through it, but know a lot of young Sydneysiders who have moved there in the last 7 years. It is in the most amazingly beautiful location. Wine, long long sandy beaches, bush, lakes, etc. It has lots of industry, big hospital, a Uni and all the bells and whistles for a mini city. Spitting distance from Sydney. I would jump at it. Big hit with the cycling fanatics.

ps. It might have been a contender for us, if my (cough, splutter, choke) ex did not live there....

Edited by rozellem
  • Like 3

My sisters and dad live there. I lived there too for a couple of years. It is a good place to live. Not too big but close enough to Sydney to get a big city fix every now and again if you like that sort of thing. The beaches are beautiful. House prices high-ish, but not as bad as Sydney.