Just started the journey

Hoping4Oz

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. My wife and I decided to explore going to Australia for several reasons but decided to do it now while we're still relatively young and able to adapt and start again.

I wrote the ielts and got enough marks for superior English. I've just lodged my papers with vetassess and will have millions of questions to ask soon. We're planning to go for a 190 visa through south australia sponsorship as my profession is on the CSOL specifically for south australia.

I'll have lots of questions to ask but I thought I'd introduce myself to you all first.

Edited by Hoping4Oz
  • Like 1

Welcome!
(the search function is your friend, and so are we) ;)

I wrote the ielts and got two enough marks for superior English.

Do you mean that for two sections you got good marks, or that for all sections your marks are two steps above what you need? This is important, because some of the visa applications explicitly state that to claim certain points you need all of your sections above a certain level.

Just keep asking...

Welcome. Hope we can help to make your journey a little easier.

Great to receive such a warm welcome, so quickly. On the IELTS sentence, my mistake. I got 9 8 8 9 which, I think, gets me superior English.......despite the typo above :) since people are so welcoming, let me post my first question.

I'm a bit confused about the sequence of events if I get a positive skills assessment. I checked on the south australia website and they say that you can only apply for state sponsorship if you've got an EOI which meets DIBP requirements. I thought that someone applying for a 190 visa needs to apply for state sponsorship first and then create an EOI. Am I missing something?

Cannot answer your question, but wanted to say welcome... may your journey be a smooth one!

Trust you have already got your unabridged birth certificates for all in the family? You will also need an unabridged marriage certificate.

Sorry I can't answer 190 questions, But you are 100% correct with your IELTS, you get Superior=20 (last time I checked). Well done.

Good luck (encouragement) with your process.

Can't help with your questions -sorry but a spring (yes it will get warmer) welcome to South Ausyralia. We are a bit off the main grid but there is a great quality of life to enjoy here. Treat yourself to an evening match at the Afelaide Oval and then walk into town over the Torrens and across the parkland into little Chinatown for some affordable nosh ☺️

Welcome to the source of all knowledge and enlightenment ... relating to emigration! ;)

Welcome and congratulations on getting such high marks on ielts.

Thanks everyone. I had no idea there's such a thing as an unabridged marriage certificate. Will rush to apply for one ASAP. Luckily, we (wife and two kids) all have unabridged birth certificates and new passports already. I'm gonna kill a lot of trees in this process.......

I've also heard lots of good things about Adelaide, but it all seems so far away (chronologically, that is) at the moment.