/'Pet Questions

MelG

Hello fellow Forumites, here and there B)

It’s been so long, and so busy. As my signature indicates, since our visa validation trip in Feb, we have been up-in-the-air as to what to dooooo, dammit! i know i know, it’s a no-brainer in many aspects .., and before the denial-bubble i’m living in pops, i better get on with it.

All in all it’s been quite a journey. ThanX SAAustralia forum for sticking around ♡

… everything is pointing us in an Australian direction … DH has a much richer career path ahead for him on Australian shores, and my son has all the makings of a world-class surfer/skater, not to mention we now have a precious PR in hand … it’s just so hard to leave … living in our dream home seems to cloud clarity a bit … rent or sell … the fact that the exchange rate is not improving at all doesn’t fare well to view it as any sort of investment !¿!!
seems all my excuses are answered with solutions, right down to my beautiful cats :wub: - how awesome that the quarantine rules have changed so in favour of a pets psychological welfare .. does anyone know how we find an Australian approved vet in CT so we can get that ball rolling?

Edited by MelG

The following link appears to be the South African Register of vet export facilities.

http://www.gov.za/services/export-permits-agricultural-business-management/register-veterinary-export-facilities

The following link is for Keringa Kennels that a lot of people on the forum have used to move their pets to Australia

http://www.keringa.co.za/index.php/pets-going-to-australia-nz/pets-to-australia

I have an appointment with our (local) vet on Monday, who will take me through all the steps in order to get all this done (privately, as it were). I will update on this thread what the process is for others that need to know.

There is a pinned thread where I have given a lot of details on the process. The vet does not have to be approved. You just have to get 2 permits from a state approved vet, which is in Stellenbosch. So once you get your rabies results, you have to take the results to the state vet and they sign a form. You have to go to them a second time. I didn't get to that second visit, as my dog passed away during the process (bone cancer). It is quite a straight forward process though.

I'm going through the full process for our dogs, so if you have any questions, I can try help you out with pleasure :)

Keringa have been an absolute GODSEND for us, and can highly recommend their expertise. We've done everything with our normal private vet. Its only the last couple bits that need the State vet's "autograph"