What do you do to save money?

Donovan83

You have forgotten those Perth prices already! :whome:

Haha.... is it still approximately $10,000 for a cup of coffee?

:)

There is pap at the QV markets!?

Yep! I think it's about $10 for 1kg or something. It comes in a plastic sealed bag (instead of the paper bag you get in SA), but it has an IWISA logo on it, so I assume it's the real deal.

Edit - just saw this http://www.biltongbru.com.au/south-african-foods/59-iwisa-mielie-meal.html

Edited by Donovan83
  • Like 1

@ Donovan83,

:yourock:

I'll definitely make my way there soon after we arrive in May next year.

Nah..I'll make my own. But I don't see myself planting mielies to go through the whole process of finally having some pap. :huh:

if you are after mealie meal, then Google Kialla Pure Foods in Queensland. Check on their website where the nearest stockist is to you. It is yellow mealie meal, very fresh and tastes great. I get mine from the local health food shop, they order it in for me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nothing better than a lamb chop on the braai, and not to shabby on the BBQ either!

A Steak a day keeps the doctor away. Luckily I stay in the Beef Capital, Rockhampton. Don't see the doctor much

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely loving this post!!!! :wub:

Such good advice, especially for someone who is still in SA and trying to start living as minimalist and as frugal as possible, and cooking in bulk so that I don't need to buy kiddies meals for my daughter.... it all adds up. (31.99 for a kiddies meal, for lunch only = R31.99 * 5 days a week * 4weeks in a month --> a staggering....R639.80) I guess that doesn't sound a lot but add it up over the year and well it's all adds up.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread again, it's been so so helpful.