Social workers applying for a 189 visa

Shaguftha

Hi I just wanted some info from other SA social workers that were successful in their application for a 189 visa and are now currently working in Australia in the field. Please advise how easily attainable it is to secure a employment and whether the salary is sufficient for a family.

Was the process to receive the application difficult . Please help for those that have some info. in this regard.

Shaguftha,

I can't answer your questions but can share that an Australian friend who is a social worker has just moved to Canada and found work there as as a social worker as she struggled to find work here in Sydney, huge budget cuts etc made it difficult to find work and so she decided to leave Australia and work there and quite quickly found a job.

Again, there might be others with more positive experience, that was just hers, you might find there are more prospects in smaller, rural communities and areas.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks so much for the info Matt. Just to confirm was this friend of yours an Australian immigrant or from Australia originally?

Australian, born and raised and has been working as a Social Worker for a few years with local experience, but many government programs have been defunded over the past year, forcing her to look abroad and was welcomed into Canada.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Any idea of whether corporate sectors there have wellness programmes and employee wellness programmes as this is the sector I am currently employed in to render counseling within the corporate sector or organizations to enhance employee productivity. Linking up with companies that have such programmes will be a great start to finding out the demand of such programmed.

Yes, my wife's company employs such services, they are large multinational, global company, though I'm not sure who administers it, but it is outsourced, not in house, that much I know. I'm pretty sure with the stress of working in a financial hub that there is a need for health and well being services, and these are privately funded.

Cheers

Matt