10 days in.....

SML

Hi everyone!

First, I would like to thank everyone for all their good advice & help! It has made our settling in so far so much easier!

We flew Jhb- Sydney- Perth on 7th July(R20000 cheaper)! The airport goodbye was awful so am glad that is over! My passport didn't scan properly but Passport control in Sydney were very friendly & just took me to a booth where there was a stronger machine & we were on our way! Customs just waved us through.

We were very lucky as we were fetched by friends at the airport in Perth. But, with 6 suitcases, it wasn't easy getting the luggage to the car! We had to pay $4/trolley & you don't get the money back!!!

Our friends took us all around their area & we were busy from the morning until bedtime. I battled with jetlag but luckily the boys were ok. I registered online for my TFN & got a pre-paid sim from Telstra the day after we arrived. I was hit with a sinking feeling after a day & felt very down. I have put it down to exhaustion & the need for our own space. Our 1 son must have picked up on this & his behaviour deteriorated. We are still battling a bit with him & are hoping that once he has started school on Tuesday & we are in a routine, it will improve. I really didn't think I would be feeling like this as we had been so excited about moving here!!

After 5 days in Bunbury, we headed up to Mullaloo. Now we could get on with getting settled! We got a woolworths card & the second time we used it, got $10 off our purchase!! We were amazed! Everyone has been very helpful & friendly!! A week after applying for my TFN, it arrived by post!

I met up with other mothers from the boys new school & it was very nice. We have collected our bank cards & registered them online.

My husband had to call to get the Gas in his name, what a pleasure! I'm due to start work in the next week/2 so we are enjoying the family time.

I'm glad to report that that sinking feeling has gone & we are now settling in. I always found the posts re people arriving so helpful so thought I would share.

Happy weekend everyone!

SML

• Like 8

Welcome SML, I honestly think it is just when the realisation hits you of "what have we done", that the trauma sets in and you are scared out of your wits! That too will pass, as you have found out already. Enjoy, you have so many new things to do and experience!

• Like 3

SML,

Welcome! If you want to meet for a coffee, PM me!

• Like 1

It's amazing here, everyone has been so friendly!!! We went into a cafe @12.10pm & on the menu it said breakfast is until 12pm. We asked & the manager came over & said that he can Make a plan for us! Just 1 example but everywhere we go, people WANT to help!

Hi!

My boyfriend and I are 6 days in and living in Bremer Bay, WA until I find a teaching job which will hopefully be soon.

We stayed in Rockingham (near Perth) for the first few days to get Medicare, bank accounts, etc so now it's just drivers licence and waiting for TFN, amongst a few other things.

All happy here, but would feel much better when I have a job and am getting paid in this expensive country :)

GOOD LUCK!!!