IOM ticket turn around time.

BrendanH

On Monday I did a direct bank deposit and paid for our tickets and I haven't received the tickets. I called their offices and apparently everyone is on leave.

I'm starting to get that warm and fuzzy "I have been scammed feeling."

Is a delay of this length normal when dealing with them?

IOM are above board but remember it is Africa after all and African time rules. I would just keep calling them. Tumi is the person to ask for and speak to.

P.S. They will also omly issue the tickets once they have confirmation from their accounts department that the money is in fact in the account.

Thanks. Part of the joys of living in SA is the paranoia. Part of what threw me was not being able to get through to the telephonically today.

I am dealing with Lerato.

We never used IOM in the end but now that you mention the name I also remember speaking to Lerato. The only consolation is that IOM are an international non profit organisation funded by the UN. Not that that is much of a guarantee in Africa. I'm sure your tickets will come through in the course of the coming week.

I send proof of payment through on 15 July, 1:45pm and received my ticket 15 July 4:35pm

Yay, tickets finally arrived! Apparently there was a bit of a mix up at the office which is why they arrived late.

That knot in the pit of my stomach tells me that this is really happening.

• Like 1

Glad it's all sorted out. :ilikeit: