4 weeks to LSD trip - Any advice?

RDD

Hi All.

4 weeks until my wife and I head on our LSD trip.

We are going to Melbourne for 6 days and Sydney for 8 days.

Melbourne is just to visit some friends and see Melbourne even though we not moving there, and then on to Sydney to test the waters and start getting excited for the move in 6 months.

We plan on using this time to:

1. check out our top 5 suburbs (after doing our own extensive research);

2. Test the transport in and around these suburbs and to and from these suburbs to the CBD (and North Sydney);

3.Test some of the running routes and parks around these suburbs (we love exercise) :ilikeit:

4. Find the beaches and relax!!!

5. Meet with some recruitment agents to show face;

6. Meet up with friends and ex colleagues.

Any advice on what we should do during our time in Sydney? (and Melbourne?) and what helped you hit the ground running when you finally made the move.

Thanks all...

Edited by RDD

My main bit of advice? Forget about the word roots (misspelt should be routes - roots are the things found on plants and trees that go into the ground) you cannot use the word route pronounced as ROOT in Australia, (it actually means having sex), you have to pronounce the word route as ROWT, otherwise you will be stared down, in a not so good way...

• Like 4

Thanks for that Mara.

My bad on the spelling mistake. :blush-anim-cl:

Good to know about the word "Route = Rowt".
My wife and I are practicing the pronunciation already. ha ha

Any other Aussie "slang" words we should be aware of before we get into trouble when we go over in August and speak "South African"?

A "thong" is not a pantie it is "thongs" what they call flip flops in Australia!

A robot is a traffic light

A geyser is a hot water system

I am sure there are a lot more... forum members will be more than willing to help!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html#R

This proved to be entertaining.

We started at the Visitors Centre in Federation Square when we did our LSD trip in Melbourne, the staff are very friendly and willing to explain things like the VPT (Victorian Public Transport) system. I'm sure if they are not too busy when you are there you can also talk to them about suburbs. Also, since you are not there during tourist season you will see the real working people commute on public transport. They are generally very friendly, and you can have a nice chat to strangers on the morning commute.

(We didn't like Sydney though, so I don't have any recommendations for it. But I'm sure other people will.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to board our Qantas flight over to Oz for the LSD trip...

Any last minute advice on what to do and where to go would be greatly appreciated. ?

Thanks all.

• Like 1