medicare and central link

mingle80

Hi, can you please give a suggestion or comment about first activation for medicare and central link, we plan going next month just stay there for a week, I used to stay in WA for several years, however, this time will be Adelaide for a short period, my question is my address with local banks all with WA address, if I have to setup medicare in South Australia, I dont have a physical address there, since I am on 190 visa, stay in Adelaide is a must, please, anyone know what address I should give so someone can help me DHL medicard to South Africa side? OR do you know if there is any post service for that ?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mingle80

What you are trying to do isn't allowed. They post things to you as a way to verify that you live there.

The advise in the forum over the years is to wait until you are living here. It's quick to setup medicare, etc..once you are actually living in Australia. There is little need to do it on an LSD trip :)

okay, interesting to know it is not allowed,as some of my friends they did that, however, they most reside in WA and Melbourne. Normally I know it takes around 1 week to get medicard, anyway, comments welcome.

@monsta If they post things to you to verify your address, what happens if you're living in a temporary residence (motel etc.) while searching for a job? Can you only register for Medicare once you've moved into a permanent address?

Actually it is legal to do so! come on people we are here to discuss the solution. Fortunately, the problem solved, I managed to find address!

I stayed in OZ for several years, there is no need for me to do LSD trip. Get a straightened Medicare and central link is the propose for this trip

I would go to the bank, change my address to rhe temporary accommodation and ask them to give you a confirmation of address. We dod that when we first arrived and only jad a temporary address. Medicare will howevee post your Medicare card to the address so if you won't be there for at least 2 weeks I would be careful of doing this.

When we recently moved to Queensland I did this again as my Vic licence no longer proved my residence. As they say here "too easy".

• Like 1

I'm not sure why you want a Medicare card and register for Centrelink if you don't live here at the moment? Sounds like you're flying in just to do that and then out again - or have I misread your posts? If you register for Medicare you get a temp card on the spot, so I don't understand the quest to get one before you actually live here?

• Like 1