Travel from Airport to Coburg 06/07/2015

Mongoose

Hi Guys,

So my wife, 2 toddlers and I arrived on Tuesday night in Melbourne and what an adventure it has been.

We hired a rental car till this week Monday 06/07/2015 which needs to be returned to the Airport, as we have managed to buy a 2nd hand car today which can only be collected on Monday as I could not make the round trip back from the bank in time.

The problem I have is that my wife starts working on Monday so the 4yr old twin girls and myself will need to drop off the rental at the airport in the morning and then I need to get the three of us with two booster seats up to Coburg.

The Dealer suggested a Taxi but I think that would probably cost a small fortune and I'm not sure that arriving on a train with two booster seats would be allowed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could I just not take the booster seats and dodge to metro cops?

Thanks a mil

Do not try to dodge the cops by not taking the booster seats, you would be in big trouble. You have two options, the way I see it.

1. Take the taxi, it is around 16klms, from the airport to Coburg, call a taxi company and check roughly how much it would cost.

2. Take the rental car back today. Monday morning call the car dealer and tell them you have no way of getting there, can they please come and collect you. I would be extremely surprised if they say no. If they want to make the sale, then they will ensure you get there with the money. If he again suggests a taxi then ask him if he is going to pay for it? Mostly, in Australia, people expect you to bargain, so give it a try.

Thanks a mil Mara,

I will give him a buzz on Monday morning :ilikeit:

You are most welcome. I have sent you a PM with my phone number, if you need any questions answered, or advice, just call.

If you able to drop the car Monday night give me a shout and im happy to come fetch you after work?

Hi Nev,

Looks like I wont be able to move my drop-off time so off we go. I will rather give a cab a call before I leave and go that route.

Thanks a mil for the offer though, I really appreciate it.

No probs, you guys are just the other end of Bell street from us so not far at all, you up for a coffee?

Hi Nev,

Sorry just got the message now that I'm back home already, sorry about that.

Hope to meet up soon though, you joining for the Melbourne coffee club that Tazzn is arranging?

Na all good, yep im on the email chain, will be trying to make it based on work (Which is a bit allover the place at the moment) but should be good