16 days left!

SML

so, we booked our flights today & decided not to wait until 15th! We realized that if we left on that date, the boys would start school 4 days after landing & thought it better to leave on 7th so that they would have 2 weeks in oz before starting! Our rental won't be ready but friends of ours have offered to have us stay with them for 5 days!!

So, flights are booked & all of a sudden I'm feeling so emotional!!!!! I need to keep my eyes on the goal.... We worked hard at sorting the house out, so almost there.

Deep breaths......

Thanks for all the support & guidance in our journey.

• Like 7

Please take your kids to parks ect. as much as possible for them to meet kids from the same school during the holidays. It helped mine so much already knowing some kids in the same school. Their adjustment went much smoother than I thought it would.

• Like 4

SML, you could also email the school and hear if they have any picnics on over the hols. Also if you could get the email of the class information mum. She might be able to hook you up with a playdate in a park. Or, ask if the school is open at anytime over the holidays. Ours is always open, so we used to go walk, ride, scooter around it without many kids/people about. The kids used to look at the veg garden, climb on the playground stuff and see where the toilets/library/canteen/ hall is. Anything to familiarise thrm with the place.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, 5 more nights in SA! The removal company has taken our stuff, cargopak were great but wow, that was stressful!! We are now With my folks & then fly on Tuesday! Feeling very mixed! Will update when we are in Perth....

• Like 3

So exciting!! Do you have loads of little tasks/admin on your 'to do' list for your last 5 days?? The last few days just fly by and before you know it, you are in the land of Oz :)

Depending on kids ages, you might be able to get them into a session or two of vacation care to meet other kids. Ours is held at the school so there is familiarity with the premises as well as meeting other kids across a wide age range too.