Canada vs Australia

monthdark

Seeing that I have limited options moving to Australia, I have decided to try Canada. Any agencies you can recommend? I spoke to brighter visas but not sure if they are reputable

Good choice. I spike to a guy from Vancouver yesterday. He said that Sydney reminded him a lot of his home :)

He said Sydney is warmer and bigger...

Monthdark, there is a sister site like this for Canada, perhaps you should try and ask your question there: http://www.sacanada.org/

I would have thought New Zealand would have been an easier option that Canada, not that I know much about NZ's or Canada's immigration laws.

Monthdark, there is a sister site like this for Canada, perhaps you should try and ask your question there: http://www.sacanada.org/

Thanks Mara, I have registered already on sacanada.org. Hopefully I will succeed with Canada's express entry.

Good luck with your endeavours, do let us know how you get on!

I can't post any topics on sacanada forum, what might be the problem because I registered and I can read everybody's posts. Is the administrator still busy deciding to give me access or .,..

I can't post any topics on sacanada forum, what might be the problem because I registered and I can read everybody's posts. Is the administrator still busy deciding to give me access or .,..

Unfortunately the Admin and hosts dont seem very active there anymore, so it may take a very long while to get approved. The best thing to do is to keep emailing support@sacanada.org

thanks Jordy I have sent the email, hopefully someone will respond

You can also contact Theuna de Waal email: theuna@athabascaimmigration.ca We applied for PR for both Canada and Australia and she helped us with our Canadian application. Theuna is the owner of the Agency, works out of Calgary and they are very reputable. We did our activation ( or landing as they refer to it in Canada) in Calgary and met her personally.

Thanks so much Frandri!!! You have no idea how desperate I am to leave SA. I will definitely contact Theuna. You guys are awesome in this forum!!!

@Monthdark. Don't be so overly keen to leave RSA.

The moment you decide South Africa is a dump, you kind of put your life on hold and resume it when you migrate. We have heard stories here of people who read news24.com every day and get soo depressed. It all started when they decided to migrate.

From what I understand, it can take a years to get a Canadian visa. Don't live in a dump until you move there. Think of it more as trading up. You could have a great life in RSA. But with your Canada move, you are rolling the dice to see if your life could be even better :).

Ours was fairly quick but i know a lot has changed in the last year or two and it obviously also depends on your application. Talk to Theune, once you provide her all your detail ( qualifications, work experiance, etc) she will be able to give you an idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mouthdark :) haha seems like we are total opposites! The express entry system is taking a little longer than what we anticipated so now we are pursuing a 189 visa. Just some advice...if you don't have around 450 points then it may take a very long time to get an invitation to apply. Unless of course you get a job offer (this boosts your points by 600).

We have 418 points and getting a job offer in Canada without a visa has proven to be quite difficult (but not impossible, so I've heard) so that's why we've decided to consider Australia now.

Also, the admin for SACanada does take a while but you'll find that the folks on that forum are very helpful.

All the best!

I don't qualify for the express entry either, I was told to consider studying a post degree so that I can work afterwards and boost my work experience in Canada