Melbourne schools

buzz

Hi Everyone

We've heard yesterday that our children had been accepted at both Donvale Christian College and The Knox School in Watirna South. Any comments regarding any of the two would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Hi Buzz,

Me again! Just wrote a long story here and then lost it!!

Will send you an email.

But in case anyone else is interested I would rather go for Donvale as it's such a lovely area.

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone

i have 3 kids (2 boys and and their younger sister) aged 7, 10 and 12 in grades 1,4 and 6 in SA. We will be in Melbourne in 07 Sept 2016 on a 190 visa. 

We we are looking at settling in Macleod /Preston area. Please share advice on surrounding schools and in general with your views of good government schools in Melbourne. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated - including and not limited to fees, cost of uniforms, quality of teaching, school infrastructure, technology, extra caricular activities Etc. 

PS: I found the La Trobe combined school to be pretty nice and ideal for all 3 kids. - please comment. 

Thanks in advance

Smailo, Don't know the area at all, sorry :) we are in Doncaster.

buzz, Donvale Christian College has an amazing reputation. We have friends who will start there next year with their son. I don't know anything about the other school.

www.bettereducation.com.au gives you school ranking. According to this site Donvale does better but having said that, it shouldn't be your only barometer. 

• Like 1

Hi Mel-B and Shellfish,

Thank-you for the comments.

@Shellfish, I will use the link you provided and start evaluating schools based on ranking as well as other criteria. You are correct in that there are a number of other factors that need to be included as part of an 'acid' test.

Once again thanks.