Teaching in search of teaching vacancies

DanikaPearson

I am a qualified life science and natural science teacher with a BSc degree and a post graduate certificate in Education.

We are seriously looking into emigrating in the very near future and in the process of gathering all the required paperwork, test results and so forth.

I would like to know how to look for a post or vacancy.

Hope someone can HELP!!!

Danika

Welcome Danika, unfortunately if you are looking for work from RSA as a teacher, from what I have heard, it will be unlikely that you will find employment.

First you will have to get your registration, for whatever state you go to.

You have to be here. Most of the teachers first do relief work, get themselves known to the schools surrounding them and then hopefully they will be offered a place permanently.

Junior schools appear to be the most difficult to get into, not sure about high schools.

If I am wrong in my assumptions above, I am sure that there are forum members, who are teachers, that will correct me.

• Like 1

Danika

Consider ESL teaching. You don't have all the discipline and admin hassles of school teaching. The students are motivated, polite and interesting, and come from all corners of the world. You just need a CELTA certificate or something similar. I've been doing it for 25 years over here, & it's a stress-free job. It's also not that difficult to work just that little bit harder than your colleagues, and soon you get to choose your class, level etc.

There's no registration or any of that malarkey.

The work is not secure owing to the sensitive nature of the clientele. Scares like SARS, Bird Flu etc. hammer the industry temporarily.

It's rewarding and fun work.

Will be visiting Gadstad in November...

Good luck.