New to the forum

TrevorStringer

Hi everyone! My fionce and I want to immigrate to Australia for a better future for our soon to be family.

All the information we have read on different sites are helpfull but also very overwhelming.

We just dont know what Visa to apply for. If anyone can please be as kind to give us some advice.

We would love to become Australian citizens.

Hi TrevorStringer

Welcome to the forum.

Let's start with how old you both are and what qualifications you have?

Hey,

Here is some help to get you started.

The official Aussie government website on immigration is:

Http://www.immi.gov.au

That site lists all the visas, what they entitle you to do (e.g. live and work here permanently) and the eligibility requirements.

Secondly, I would take a look at the Migration Agents Registration Authority. That's a government body that makes sure agents operating in Aussie are above board. The MARA site helps you to decide whether you need an agent or not.

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/using-a-registered-migration-agent/getting-help-with-your-visa-application/

A MARA agent can only take your money once they think you have a reasonable chance of getting a VISA. So, its worth talking to MARA registered agent and listening to his sales pitch. That's because, if you clearly don't qualify, the agent will tell you that.

If you want a recommendation for a agent, just search the forums here. There have been plenty of recommendations over the years. You might even get lucky and someone will reply with a personal recommendation..

Edited by monsta

Welcome on board!! You are in good hands here - a whole lot of very caring and understanding people here. All the best with your journey..

• Like 1

Personal recommendation...

Candice Kotze - MigrateAU

http://www.migrateau.com.au/

info@migrateAU.com.au

Received 189 visa in 4 months for my wife and I.

Proof is in the pudding... MigrateAU are excellent. :ilikeit:

Personal Recommendation:

Reuven Abeshouse

BCom, LLB (Australia) | Registered Migration Agent MARN 0854073

Member Migration Institute of Australia MIA 3635

Supreme Court of NSW (AUS) & NY State Bar (USA)

Tel: +27 11 453 1229 (Intl) | 0861 GO TO OZ

Fax: +27 11 453 6449

www.migrate2oz.co.za

Start to finish it took us 6 months, 1 day to get 189 Visas for my husband, myself and out two children. We dragged our feet a bit after receiving our invites so I suspect it might have taken us around 4 months too if we just bit the bullet and got it over and done with. However, we have a small baby and sleep was a priority :-)

Personal recommendation...

Candice Kotze - MigrateAU

http://www.migrateau.com.au/

info@migrateAU.com.au

Received 189 visa in 4 months for my wife and I.

Proof is in the pudding... MigrateAU are excellent. :ilikeit:

Another thing regarding MigrateAU.

Candice is a fellow South African and a CA(SA).

So you will get an agent who is familiar with South Africa and its processes.

It's always nice dealing with a fellow Saffa when you have to go through such a big process.

It's very comforting...

Regarding our visas. It may have taken us only 4 months to get them. But that also included the months of December and January inbetween.

So could have been quicker if OZ didn't go on holiday during that time. :lol:

Welcome to the forum RrevorStringer,

If you can advise your occupations that would help us all a lot! :ilikeit: What that does is it allows us to point you to people in that field for local and experienced advice. (I am in IT for example in Perth WA)

Also, if you have already targeted a state to live, that will also help, it not, don't worry, we can help with that too!

Finally, congrats on a great decision to come to this great country. :hug::king:

God bless

Surferman

• Like 1

I can vouch for Candice Kotze Sonderup too. She is very switched on and active in the expat community here in Sydney.