Melbourne meet

Tazzn

I know that not so long ago Mara organised a Melbourne meet (can't seem to find the post from my phone to revive it) but I have noticed that there are a few Melbourne news arrivals and soon to be arrivals and I wondered if anyone was keen for another get together???

We have been here a little over a week and keen to meet some folk :)

• Like 1

We're in!!! 2 Adults and 2 kids (daughter 9, son 11)

Count us in Tazzn, if you're willing to wait a few weeks... We arrive June 30th :ilikeit::king::jester:

Myself and the missus with girl 13 and boy 7. And I'm sure the rest of the gang (about 6 families) who are already there will join in..

I know that not so long ago Mara organised a Melbourne meet (can't seem to find the post from my phone to revive it) but I have noticed that there are a few Melbourne news arrivals and soon to be arrivals and I wondered if anyone was keen for another get together???

We have been here a little over a week and keen to meet some folk :)

Here is the link to the thread from Mara's previous meet up in case anyone wanted to see it - but you are probably best to have a fresh one as the title of the old thread would be confusing

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/43733-melbourne-picnic-at-hanging-rock/?hl=%2Bhanging+%2Brock

Potentially see where the people who are keen to come are located in Melbourne re deciding a venue to meet.

Edited by TeeTMI

Thanks TMI. ? Should we start thinking about a plan for Julyish to allow for all the new arrivals?

Not sure how great the weather will be for an outdoor get together at this time of year though???

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated

I'm lurking..... :ph34r:

We are no longer in Melbourne, but we did go to a meet up at Jells Park one winter. It was incredibly cold so we were all rugged up, but you could actually make a proper braai at Jells Park, not just a gas bbq which is the case at many parks (including Hanging Rock).

In Melbourne don't let the weather get you down unless it is going to rain the whole day.

Jell's park does have some covered areas with large tables and benches, but someone would need to get there early to stake a claim.

I had a chat to my friend Google, she advised me that there are a number of parks that allow open fires, so have a look.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=albert+park&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=r4pmVdLbCcbU8gWn4YOAAw#q=parks+in+melbourne+with+open+fire+barbecue&spell=1

Parks I have been to and would recommend, in no specific order except how my lazy brain can remember them:

Jells Park

Bundoora Park

Grants Picnic Ground (parrots abound)

Westerfold Park

Hanging Rock

Albert Park (but this one could be tricky as you have to get permission for a gathering and pay for parking)

• Like 1

To add to Mara's list

Living Legends (kangaroo park near airport, has tea rooms and undercover area) but I suspect chilly in winter

http://www.livinglegends.org.au/what-we-do/visit-woodlands-homestead/

Werribee Park was lovely in summer http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/werribee-park

Albert Park - There is some free parking on the coast side of the park (quite expensive otherwise) at the weekend and we always found free parking (also accessible by tram for those without transport).

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. going to have a look and try and pin some dates well in advance:) I am looking forward to meeting lots if new people

Some awesome parks! Think we are going to pay bundoora a visit ssoon, my daughter will love it.

Neels and Miran ( & anyone else that is keen)) let me know if any venue stands out for you.. With a daughter of 3 my only selling point are lots of playground equipment ;) but for the older kids they might prefer space to ride bikes etc...

• Like 2

We've only been to Hanging Rock so any other park will be a surprise!

Should we pick this back up once Neels has arrived and then we can decide on a specific date and a venue? Miran and Neels and all that are keen PM me . your eemail addresses and we can plan :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

We would love to come to a meet up!

We arrived about 3 weeks ago and meeting a few people would be great.

Mammoth, have you PM'd your email address to Tazzn, if you do she will add you to the list. We are waiting for Neels to arrive and checking out venues at present.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone I have send out emails about possible dates. If anyone has missed these or would like to be added to the list just drop me a PM and I will passing the email.

Neels i am still battling to reach you via email let me know if you have an alternative address I can try?

PLEASE EVERYONE, WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD ON THIS EVENT, PLEASE GO TO

EVENTS, VICTORIA, SAAUS Melbourne meet OR just hit the link http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/45286-saaus-melbourne-meet/

WHERE YOU WILL FIND THE NEW THREAD, WITH PROPOSED DATES.

IT IS PINNED, SO WILL STAY AT THE TOP OF THAT SECTION.