Converting drivers licence in Melbourne

Gunner

Hope someone can advise us please... what do we need to do to convert our SA drivers licence in Melbourne.

Do we need to do a Hazard perception test and a road test?

Hi, you go to your nearest Vic roads and make an appointment to convert your licence. Then you take your SA license, passport, proof of address and medicare card (if you already have one, otherwise the temporary slip medicare gave you when you applied would be okay), and $74 for a 3 year license (there is a 10 year option that is more expensive). They take your photo and boom! You get your new Victorian licence. No testing ect at all!

• Like 1

Thx Miran! phewww, was really worried we wold have to re-do our driving test.... :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Interesting - in WA, back in the day (2003), I had to do a hazard perception test and road rules test (all on the computer) and an eye test.

When I traded my WA licence for an ACT licence, I had to do an eye test.

These state differences can be misleading.

It's really easy, well organised and clean :D

OBD, you are behind the times, the system changed sometime last year, no more testing (perhaps eye test only), you can just convert your license.