Bank account activation on Landing

neburr

Hi Everyone

I know that this question may have been asked at some point on the forum previously, but I would appreciate some guidance, in the event that something has changed.

I am flying to Sydney next week, to attend an event, on pretty short notice :closedeyes:. This visit will also serve for me to activate my 'Landing" :blush-anim-cl: .

I intend opening my Oz bank account online and get the verification completed whilst I am in Sydney. My question is:

After I have completed the ID Verification process, will I be able to transfer funds from my RSA bank account into this OZ account and vice versa?

I am also concerned to establish if I can transact with this account almost immediately. I would not have an address in Oz at this stage and I am wondering if that is going to pose another hurdle for me. I will be settling in Melbourne when I do move over, which I anticipate will be around mid August 2015.

Thank you in advance for the guidance and responses.

Hi neburr,

hope you are well.

If you need assistance in (financially) formally emigrating, we would be happy to help.

We can provide the easiest, cheapest solution in transferring your funds from SA to Aus and back again, as well as assisting you to open an Australian bank account before you arrive in the country.

Once the Aus account is open, you can begin transferring your funds. Unfortunately you cannot transfer back again (to SA account) or activate these funds until you physically walk into the Aus bank branch and provide your passport. From here you can very easily transfer between SA and Aus at the best exchange rates, with no transfer fees or commissions charged. We even cover all receiving fees charged by the receiver banks.

Please feel free to drop me a mail if you would like more information.

Wish you all the best for your adventures ahead. :)

I would email your bank and ask them. Its even better if they have a secure message feature on their internet banking website.

My bank was quite good at responding to me before I migrated out here ;)

TaraLawrie, Mosta, Surferman

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I will let you know what I did as soon as I get back. I flicked my Bank an email today to establish if I need to do anything else to make the transfers.

• Like 1