We are here!

Tazzn

So after a long weekend of travels we arrived at our temporary abode in Melbourne last night. Jet lag and more likely some feelings of anticipation had us up at 4 this morning even with our late tuck in last night.

Done a few admin chores this morning and tomorrow we brave the tram lines for a trip into the city.

Things still feel really disjointed and I have kind of a holiday mode feel.

Back to work on Monday though so that may bring some grounding and reality to everything

• Like 5

Yay you're there!!! :-) All of the best for Monday, I hope it all goes well.

I am sure you will enjoy the Melbourne CBD. Its really beautiful.

If Masterchef is to be believed, the markets are fantastic.

I am not sure which is which, but I think Masterchef went to the Queen Victoria Market. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!

Welcome to Melbourne! Best of luck with settling in...

Thanks everyone! Monsta yes I have heard great things about the markets. Have seen the big vic market yet but drove past the south Melbourne market today and will definitely check that out on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Awesome,

We will be there in month, keep us up to date with the odd things that you will be doing this week that way I can make sure I have not forgot anything on our arrival week - to do list.

Hi Tazzn

After what seemed like an epic wait, you must be so chuffed to be on the ground in Melbourne.

I am going to be in Sydney for a very brief stop next week and then to Melbourne for the day.

Would be really awesome to "feel" the place that is going to be home soon.

Enjoy the journey. I am so happy for you guys.

Enjoy Neburr

We are still getting a feel for Melbourne. Only thing is it's chillier than I expected!

Mongoose I am going to keep my journal updated soon..

@Tazzn been for a surf yet? ;)

Mist people don't realise Melbourne gets article winds. They also forget that because its on a bay and not on the coast, the waves are tiny.

Hey Tazzn,

As far as I remember, your hubby was traveling with his bike, did he pick up any problems at Border Control?

How many stop overs did you have on your flights? We have a 1:30 delay in Sydney from landing till catching the connecting flight to Melbs and was wondering if it was enough?

Have a great day

I think 1:30 is cutting it a bit fine, but if your connecting flight is on the same booking it won't be an issue - there are plenty of flights and they will just put you on the next one...

• Like 1

Hi Mongoose. No trouble at all with the bike. Customs checked one wheel to make sure it was clean but that was . Only hassle was getting it around along with all the luggage. Personally think 1.5 hours is cutting it really fine. We had 3 hours and along with a delay on our flight leaving jhb we just got to our Melbourne flight with about 15 mins to go before Boarding..

Thanks surferMan :)

Edited by Tazzn