Hi There! :)

Nickyvd

Hello All :)

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My husband and I have decided to move to Australia (Yay) and have started the process with Migrate2oz. My husband is a qualified plumber and owns his own plumbing company so we are going to try and get the 189 visa.

Thank you to all on this forum for your input and suggestions. I have been spending time reading the threads and this forum has been amazing!

Chat soon!

Nicky

• Like 3

Hey Nicky,

Good luck! Remember Australia benefits hugely from migrants. We benefit from migrants skills, money and contribution to society. Our biggest problem is making enough space for even a small fraction of the people who want to migrate here.

I have heard great things about Migrate2oz. I am sure they will help you be one of the lucky ones who gets a spot here!

Please say you are coming to Melbourne - can't get a plumber for love or money, they are all booked solid!!!

Seriously, welcome to the forum, you picked the right place to start!

Thanks Monsta and DXB2OZ :)

@DXB2OZ: Well, we were considering either Melbourne or Gold Coast (I know, completely different right. My brother lives in Gold Coast and I figured it would be great to start off around family). But I suppose in the end we'll have to go where the work is.

• Like 1

Hi Nicky

My husband is also a qualified plumber with his own business. We've just successfully applied for state sponsorship and have now applied for our subclass 489 visa. Hoping to land by year end

Good luck with your process and please feel free to contact us if you need anything?

Take care

Carla

• Like 1

Good luck for the journey.
It's well worth the effort... :ilikeit:

Welcome, may your many questions find answers here!

Thank you so much Carla! That is so kind of you. It is so great to hear that we are not alone. :) If you don't mind me asking, which State did you apply for?

Thank you ReeceD and Mara!

Only NSW and Northern Territory have plumbers on their skills lists currently. Apparently Northern Territory is quite tough to get sponsorship from. We received sponsorship from NSW.

Nice to meet you. We've also just started the process. Good luck!

Hi Nicky. I'm also interested in migrating to Aussie. Is there a specific person I can speak to @ migrate2oz?

• Like 1

You too Sassyninja! All the best!

Hi Nicky. I'm also interested in migrating to Aussie. Is there a specific person I can speak to @ migrate2oz?

Hi Monthdark,

We have been dealing with an agent by the name of Reuven Abeshouse. He has been really helpful. His contact details are:

+27 11 453 1229

reuven@migrate2oz.co.za

You can also contact them via their website: www.migrate2oz.co.za

I hope that you come right!

Regards

• Like 1

Hi Monthdark.

I used a lady called Candice Kotze at MigrateAU.

She is a qualified CA (SA) as well as a registered migration agent.

She is based in sydney and brilliant to work with.

I would recommend her to everyone as she really made our journey easy and smooth.

And with Candice being South African, it was easy to communicate and relate with her.

Details are:

Candice Kotze - MigrateAU (candice.kotze@migrateAU.com.au)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome stuff.

She is brilliant. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck with the process.

Welcome Nickyvd

It's the best move you can make, there is a bunch of very special people here on this forum - enjoy the journey! We just had our visas granted last week, next to getting married and my son's birth, was the best feeling ever.

• Like 2

Welcome, welcome, Nickyvd ! This is a very exiting and rewarding journey, and this forum was what carried us all the way through ! Enjoy all of it, the ups and downs, the nerves and the fun ! It's lovely, now that we're looking back, to have so much sentiment towards the process and this forum. May your road be smooth and easy :ilikeit:

Welcome Nicky and other chickas!

You will love Aus and congrats on the decision to come over. My mate is a plumber here in WA, and he is flat out with work. Makes very good coin. If you guys move to the Gold Coast, I shall look you up, we are uplifting from Perth shortly.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Nickyvd. I have also started the process. I am doing it myself as well being the only applicant. Exciting and a bit nervy at the same time. I am keen to read about your progress. I am scheduled for my IELTS (for skills assess) at the beginning of Aug and hoping to send in my Skills Assess before the end of September so that I can lodge my EOI as soon as the assessment comes through...then onwards from there.

All the best.

@ SurferMan

Awesome stuff. Hopefully we will see you there soon. :)

@Eyeice

Hi Eyeice,

Congrats on making the decision to start the process! Its really exciting.

We are currently trying to finish gathering all of our paperwork for our skills Assessment. My husband owns his own business which has seemed to complicate the paperwork a bit. Almost finished with the paperwork but then my mom had to go in for two operations...

She has recovered now so we are hoping to finalise the last of our paperwork by the end of next week and get it all to our agent (we are using Migrate2oz). Once the paperwork part of the skills assess is approved my hubby has to complete a practical skills Assess (which only happens a couple times a year when they bring the right people over from Aus). This practical Assessment takes place in Cape Town, we are hoping he can take part in the next one which is only in November.

My husband has already completed his IELTS - my advice is to practice, there is a lot of practice material out there and then you will be ok. If you need, I will try see if I still have the links to the practice material and I will add it to this thread for you.

So our progress is slower then we hoped but as long as progress is happening I can't complain.

Congrats again on your decision and all the best for your progress!

All the best! Thankfully my skills assess does not require a practical component for assessment. Its all very exciting. And what a learning curve!