3 month rental Accomodation needed in Melbourne?

Hello,

My husband has applied for a 3 month sabbatical from work, and it looks like that it will be granted. We want to stay in Melbourne and use this time to network and hopefully find work while my husband is in the country. Although 3 months isnt a long time, it will give us the opportunity to see the areas and see what the job market is like etc. We plan on taking the leave this year.

I was wondering if anyone can give us advice on where to look for reasonable accomodation for a 3 month period? The only place we have looked upto now is airbnb.

Any advice would be appreciated..thankyou:-)

You can look at www.stayz.com.au

The topic came up yesterday - have you considered house or pet-sitting?

There are a lot of sites (eg, stayme.com.au) where you can sign up and look for opportunities to stay in peoples' houses rent free, in exchange for watering plants, pets, etc.

A typical 3 month scenario would be somebody travelling overseas or around Australia needing somebody to look after their house.

It's not something we ever thought of and once we tried it, we always get somebody to pet-sit when we go away. Win-win.

Emma, you could also go and look at this old post that I made, there is lots of accommodation threads in there:

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/44342-melbourne-general-information/

• Like 1

Thankyou very much...I never even thought of the house sitting :-) something to consider and I will take a look at the site Hansa tyvm.

2Mara thankyou Mara ill also take a look at the other link you posted:-)

Edited by Guest