Me & my excitement (oh..and the fiance :))

Mitchell

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, this forum owes me a lot of sleep hours!! Since I 'discovered' it (on a slow day at work :blush:), I have not been able to log out for more than an hour. Last night I slept at 1am just trying to absorb as much information as I can. I must commend everyone for their enthusiasm & willingness to contribute, advise and recommend. It's truly amazing!

So, my story... I've been a migrant all my life (long story for another day), so moving is a part of me. I never get too attached to a place but I always manage to 'kinda' settle in well - so I am very much excited about this move!! Anyway, my fiance and I have always wanted to settle in Australia ultimately because of a lot of reasons (another long story). In 2012 we attended an IMMagine seminar and we loved it. We immediately wanted to pack our bags and just jump onto the next available flight! But...life happens and common sense knocks in the morning. I easily get excitable but then i quickly lose interest too (ongoing battle). So not long after, the seminar was long forgotten (but the dream still alive).

Fast track to 2015...we are definitely older and (dare-I-say) wiser, we have now made a solid decision that we are moving on :ilikeit:. I think we can do this on our own but the fiance is insistent that we use an Agent, IMMagine to be specific. I really don't mind and I actually don't want to argue about it - except it's a bit concerning that IMMagine does not seem to have a lot of street cred, I mean that when you google them for example you don't get much-noone complaining noone commending. All you pretty much get is what is on their website. Trust me I've went through the forum pages to see what I can find about them but there isn't much-just 1 or two people saying they attended the seminar. I have tried to encourage the fiance to consider Migrate2Oz as a lot of members are happy with it, but right now he is so set on immagine.

I understand everyone's experience is unique but if anyone has ever used them, could you kindly let me know how it went (if you are kinda shy :blush: -please send a pm). If they are good then they are good - this will help cement the 'family' decision but if they are not so good then I would like a 2nd opportunity to convince him to reconsider (because as it stands my 'street cred' reason doesn't validate anything). Please note, this isn't about other agents-it's specifically about IMMagine ;)

But guys I am excited and I wish everyone else who is embarking on the journey the absolute best! :king:

Ask this IMMagine dude for his MARA registration number, then check him out on https://www.mara.gov.au

Never heard of him/them before... I don't see any MARA registration numbers on their website either...

Thank you @Riekie.

I have checked and they are registered with MARA (well 4 of their consultants are registered-which is good I guess). I guess I should just let this one go and start the process with them already (or else it will be 2012 all over again lol).

Again, thank you for your response :)

Do due dilligence before you sign up. Good luck!

To be honest I would rather go with one of the agents that contribute to this forum and/or one of the agents that come highly recommended, before using an agent that you cannot really find any background on. You are going to spend a lot of money on the agent, please do yourself a favour and make sure it is a reliable one...

Many have used Migrate2Oz and I have never heard a bad word about them.

On this forum you can contact by PM either SD_MOA (Stephen Dickson) or TeeTMI (Tee Taylor) who both come highly recommended.

I just saw on another post that Immagines price is R50, 000 more than Migrate2Os

Good luck with your decisions I do hope that it goes smoothly for you.

Thank you @Mara & @GaanBos, I really appreciate the feedback and honesty. I will definitely make an informed decision before we sign up (with anyone).

Second using one of our forumites. They are constantly adding value to the forum, and have so many recommendations that it really does give you that warm fuzzy feeling that really helps before you empty your bank account.

So many people have been burned so badly by agents that are less than competent that it really is something to be approached with caution. A good agent can add soooooo much value, a bad agent can really cause problems.