reccomended recruitment agents in Brisbane

mvluik

So it seems like submitting a resume without Aussie experience is like running into a brick wall...and banging your head against that wall if you say you are not currently in Aussie land!

Can anybody recommend a reputable recruitment agent in Queensland that will at least be willing to look at an immigrants resume? We have our PR. We are in Brisbane in 2weeks time to scout for job opportunities, so would like to make appointments with agents beforehand to meet face to face. Hubby is a CA and business coach-- so hoping, praying and believing for something in financial management line. Thanking you in advance

How do you go about getting your PR? I presume it means permanent residency? I've seen a few people say they have permanent residency but I'm at a loss as to how you achieved that.

Hi Dlimonnink, first and foremost you have to have some qualifications. As you have no idea what to do, I suggest you read the link below, that will give you a lot of research to do. When you have done so, start a new thread on the forum to ask any further questions you may have. The thread below was written in 2008, so there are some rules and requirements that have changed. If you have the qualifications, required by Australia, then you can apply for a visa.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/9251-the-100-step-process-to-immigrating-to-australia-from-south-africa/

Thanks for the link, did some research last night and didn't realise the 189 visa was a PR visa, thought you had to be in Aus to get it, all makes sense now.

Well that is great, glad you have reached "enlightenment"!

mvluik,

Sorry this doesn't answer your question. But you might be navigating the system incorrectly. My company has an in house recruiter. He said in France, he would interview people face to face. If he saw a good candidate, he would even call up a few companies and ask if they needed someone. He said that often worked.

The big Aussie cities are not like that at all. There are too many recruiters. They just build a big database of candidates. For example, a job advert mentions sweeping hardwood floors. You specificaly said you can sweep hardwood floors and everyone else just said they can sweep any floor. You will get called up by the recruiter because your CV mentioned more of what's in there job advert. The recruiter will push you to go for an interview asap. They know that the company will only interview 2 or 3 candidates. So, they need to be one of the 1st 3.

Now, their problem is, the recruiter is being paid to research suitable candidates, so the company doesn't need to interview 20 people. But recruiters don't do their job. So, the recruiter needs your CV to have a lot off keyword matches; so despite knowing the recruiter is taking shortcuts and didn't meet with you, the company will still want to interview you.

Can you see why the recruiter needs your husband to be in town? Also, at best they will take his CV ands put it into their database in case a suitable job comes up. Its not like RSA where CAs are highly sort after and a recruiter will try hard to find you a job.

Edited by monsta

We found that the companies want to see you have a local address and phone number, otherwise no response.

Have a look on seek.com.au and then contact the companies directly if possible. My wife managed to get a job as a senior auditor two weeks after we arrived in Brisbane and said there is work out there for CA's.

We had no luck finding employment from SA.