Brisbane North & west

mvluik

Good day lovely folks!

We are off to brizzy in 2 weeks time for LSD trip. Would like to visit a few schools in North west area of Brisbane.

Any recommendations? I hear Northside Christian college is amazing? Top state schools? Thanking you in advance :-)

Hi

Northside is a very good school. Our children went to Wavell High after moving from Mackay to Brisbane. Genesis is popular but quite a bit further north near North Lakes

They were previously at private Christian based schools in Mackay before we moved to Brisbane.

We looked here at private schools but the ones recommended were impossible to get into and also very expensive.

We chose Wavell High School based on the attitude of the principal who met with us at our request. We got a tour of the facilities, and then after speaking to the children handed us application forms. He also attended as many extra mural activities as was feasable. My son was in the school band and I was walking out to get my video camera. He asked if he was in time to see them perform. He had just come from a netball tournament, and after the band played and placed, he left, on the way to a football match.

We looked at Aspley High but got a much less interested meeting, but I know someone who sent children there. All reports we have had are that Albany Creek high is bad news.

On TV they had a chat to private and public school childrens parents. The private school parents seemed to think there was no difference in education but mentioned things like, "The journey was better".

Hope this helps

Good day lovely folks!

We are off to brizzy in 2 weeks time for LSD trip. Would like to visit a few schools in North west area of Brisbane.

Any recommendations? I hear Northside Christian college is amazing? Top state schools? Thanking you in advance :-)

Are you after primary schools or high schools ?