5 Weeks in Australia, My thoughts

Katrol

Hi Katrol!

Thanks for sharing!!!!

This is very encouraging and positive write-up ....

Good for you and your kids!!!!!

Stay happy ... keep exercising and enjoy the specials!!! :ilikeit:

Lovely Post. Always good to hear a positive experience. May your life in Australia only get better.

Welcome to Aus !! We've lived in Bargara for our first two months, it's an awesome, beautiful place. Kelly's beach is just the best, especially for kids. Late nights restaurants of Bargara is awesome. Only the summer heat was a bit too much for us. I guess an aircon will help immensely... But it was a very good introduction for us to Ozzie life. My brother and dear friends of ours and another SA guy we got to know also lives in Bargara. If you want beautiful people to contact and chat or braai, PM me, I'll give you their number. You might bump into them at some point. Bargara / Bundaberg is not that big :) .

Do yourself a huge favor and go in the middle of the morning hours, about 10:30-ish, to The Cruz Café in Bundaberg and treat yourself on their nachos and an iced coffee shake. It was a huge hit for us. Miss it sorely ... ^_^ .

If you like something special, search for the Lavender Shop. A little jewel in the middle of the sugar cane plantations. If you see a UTE driving around with a sticker: 'Vans Land Clearing' on it's door or it's hind side, wave - it's my brother :D . Their Sunday markets have really good specials on fresh fruits and veggies, especially later in the morning. Search the web for the 'Shalom Market' in Bundaberg.

Ahh, I almost made myself nostalgic now ... but I love the place we are now :ilikeit:

We also had the liberty of choosing a school, no zoning! My kids came home after the first day, I couldn't get them to stop talking about how great the school was! We're heading for our 4 month anniversary, but feel we've been here forever! Can't wait for the South African stuff at Aldi (also my favourite shop) but we found fantastic alternatives for most. I do miss our flavoured popcorn ( can't find salt and vinegar spice anywhere) This afternoon we saw a kangaroo hopping between the houses, wow, that is still one of the highlights of my day and one of the really few things reminding me we are not in SA anymore.

God luck with your emotional see-saw, but I'm sure the ups will be a lot more than the downs.

Australia is definitely my happy place!

• Like 1

So glad to hear that you are doing well, and enjoying the stress free life!

Thank you for sharing your experiences, very reassuring to some of us who are counting down to that one-way trip.

• Like 1

Nice one Katrol,

And welcome to the Lucky Country! Its going to grow on you big time. Oops, too late! :ilikeit::blush-anim-cl:

• Like 1

Great one Katrol, thanks for the post. Will share this with my missus - we will be arriving in a month or so and it is great to be mentally prepared for what is to come..