Pics of Aussie trip

Springbok

Here they are at last...

http://picasaweb.google.com/charl1974/AustraliaMarch2007

My mom went with me, we flew with Cathay Pacific and stopped over in Hong Kong for 2 days. Then to my cousin, her husband and 4 children in Brisbane, they've been there for 3 years now and living on a smallholding in Anstead (near Ipswitch). And finally a few days in Sydney.

Cheers

Charl

You've been busy with that camera, taking over 300 photos!

Anyhow . . . now you've seen a little bit of Australia, what are the impressions that you got and what did Mum think of the place?

Did you prefer Sydney or Brisbane?

It's also good of you to put those photos up, because a lot of South Africans don't have much of an idea of what Sydney or Brisbane look like. These photos give some idea.

Hi Bob

How can anyone NOT want to live in Australia!? :blink: My mum liked it just as much and was very impressed. She even thinks Sydney is more beautiful than Paris (which she has also visited).

Nothing wrong with Brisbane, but Sydney is more me. I'll definitely visit Adelaide at some point, it sounds like the place to be if ever Sydney gets too much in future.

Charl

Nice photo's

They really make an effort planting trees, plants and flowers. Even in Hon Kong. How nice.

Everything looks so clean. Wow!

• 1 month later...

Hi Charl

Thanks for those pics you showed of your trip.(on picasweb)

Regarding that house you showed in Redcliffe for $400K, was this a dinkum price or "there about" for a place like that.

It seems worth more than I've seen on the net.

Please advise.

JT

Hi Charl, your photo's are lovely Mate. Pity you did not have the best weather by the look of those heavy clouds. Next time anyone's in Sydney over Xmas time you have to see the biggest Xmas tree ever. It fills up the QUEEN VICTORIA BUILDING' CENTRE TOWER 3 stories high. The decorations inside are exquisite. We make a trip into CBD just to go see the tree everyyear.

There is so much to see Botanicle Gardens right next to the Opera house where they host music in the park and once Midnight Summer's dream. There is so much to see.

Regarding that house you showed in Redcliffe for $400K, was this a dinkum price or "there about" for a place like that.

Seemed fair to me... although I am no expert on Brisbane property prices. Rather ask the locals.

Hi Charl, your photo's are lovely Mate. Pity you did not have the best weather by the look of those heavy clouds.

Friday's weather was much better... see my Picasa website for updates.

Hey wow those photos are stunning. And well as for your mom she looks amazing, looks like she is a my type of girl (the type that likes shopping).

Well looks like you drove down my road, where have you finally settled and how are you doing?

Good Luck

• 3 months later...

:holy::) What awsome photies!!!!

Looks like you had a wonderful time

Lisabella

• 4 weeks later...
Here they are at last...

http://picasaweb.google.com/charl1974/AustraliaMarch2007

My mom went with me, we flew with Cathay Pacific and stopped over in Hong Kong for 2 days. Then to my cousin, her husband and 4 children in Brisbane, they've been there for 3 years now and living on a smallholding in Anstead (near Ipswitch). And finally a few days in Sydney.

Cheers

Charl

Hi Charl,

I was in Sydney and melbourne for 3 weeks in October 2006.

Looking at your pictures of Sydney was a trip down memory lane. St. Ives was a suburb that I passed through on a regular basis. My family stay in Mona Vale across from the yacht club but they have loads of friends in the St. Ives/French's Forest area. My agent is based in Chatswood. I liked that area as it is quite central and on the train line.

I can't wait to go over for good hopefully in 2008.

Regards,

Craig