Prescription medicine on the plane

Black

If we take three months supply of prescription medicine, I know we need to have the prescriptions with us.

Should this medicine be in our hand luggage or can it be booked in with the rest of our luggage?

Thanks

Andre

Either place will do, unless there are liquids amongst them. Liquids should preferably go in your suitcase. Just ensure you know exactly where it is all packed, just in case customs want to see it, highly unlikely but you never know. Of course the big thing is to declare it.

Declare, declare, declare. I kept the prescriptions in the hand luggage and packed the liquids in unaccompanied suitcases in 2 x double plastic zip- lock bags, with cloths inbetween to ensure nothing leaks. Customs just waved us through. The ziplocks come in quite handy now...

We took all medicines with hand luggage, and customs unpacked it all

We flew over in Dec last year. Had 6 months worth of 3 prescription meds. It all came in our hand luggage as I didn't want to risk the suitcase getting lost or medicine getting stolen. We had the prescriptions with us. No one stopped us. We had no issues with customs at all.