PLEASE HELP! Registration at OzForex or using E4F

Bigvan07

Hi guys,

Sitting with a big dilemma,

Little background, been staying at my folks the whole of last year and moved into my in-laws' garden flat in January this year.

Technically speaking for the last year I do not have any proof of residence and my bank statement reflects my PO BOX address (incorrectly may I add)

I would like to register for the above mentioned services but need proof of residence in the form of bank statements reflecting my residential address or a utility bill reflecting same details. I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THIS!

Any assistance will be appreciated as the exchange rate is climbing seriously and I am gonna bleed money because of this.

HI Bigvan

We're sitting with the same dilemma. We were told to get a proof of address in one of our parent's names to prove they live at their house. You then need a signed letter from them saying that you are staying with them at that residence as well as a copy of your parent's ID

Hi Tazzn,

That can be arranged. I can ask my FIL for a letter with a utility bill from and his ID.

I am going to do this and see what happens. Who are you transferring with as I heard OzForex is very cheap, I believe Jordy uses them.

I have got a couple of quotes but not from Oz Forex.. just mailed them :) Will let you know when I have collected all my quotes. So far cashkows though not he cheapest have definitely been the most helpful!

Hi guys,

Sitting with a big dilemma,

Little background, been staying at my folks the whole of last year and moved into my in-laws' garden flat in January this year.

Technically speaking for the last year I do not have any proof of residence and my bank statement reflects my PO BOX address (incorrectly may I add)

I would like to register for the above mentioned services but need proof of residence in the form of bank statements reflecting my residential address or a utility bill reflecting same details. I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THIS!

Any assistance will be appreciated as the exchange rate is climbing seriously and I am gonna bleed money because of this.

Hi Bigvan07

There are ways of providing proof of residence, however the documentation you would need to submit all depends on whether you are wanting to make money transfers into South Africa or out of South Africa.

I have sent you a PM and would love to assist you further.

Kind regards

Tara Lawrie

Tara is there a specific reason why you can't post the information on the thread for people to refer to in the future. Why the need for a PM that nobody else can access? The spirit of the forum is to share info and help each other.

Tara is there a specific reason why you can't post the information on the thread for people to refer to in the future. Why the need for a PM that nobody else can access? The spirit of the forum is to share info and help each other.

Hi RYLC, so sorry I first needed specific information from Bigvan07 to be able to assist in the best possible way.

I thought it best to PM so Bigvan07's private information was not shared publicly. It was my every intention to revert back and update this thread to help others.

So here goes... :)

Hi Followers :ilikeit:

Exchange4free can assist here as we are licensed to transfer money out of South Africa and into Australia, as well as out of Aus and back into SA.

Like Bigvan07, it is very easy to send initial larger amounts to Aus and then to do monthly transfers back into SA.

We do require a proof of residential address for both of the above so you can either (1) go to your SA bank and get them to print out a statement with your residential address and put an original stamp on it (they have your residential address on file so can do this), or (2) you can get a letter from your family stating that you live with them and send this to us with a certified copy of their proof of address.

In terms of global and local SA regulatory requirements we do require a proof of address as outlined above.

Please feel free to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards

Tara Lawrie