Durban: Coffee Club, Sunday 6th May 2.00pm

Camper

Just a reminder all welcome.

Thanks Camper - look forward to chatting with you all again and finding our how much closer we all are in process. Aish, it's a long wait....

We will be there! :ilikeit:

Mau&Candy

Wow what a turnout, 17 couples and a big bunch of kids.

nice to meet the new people and sorry if we didn't get to meet everyone.

we need to start organizing the next coffee club.

any dates and venue?

Cheers

Camper :ilikeit::)

Hi Camper...at it already organising the next meeting!!

It was lovely to meet the folk today and yes, I was also completely taken aback by the massive turnout.

Venues?? I think I'll leave the choice to someone else this time...obviously we will need to book a table or ten :ilikeit: so guys please fire away with your suggestions.

Some of the names from today

[Hendie - names removed: this is NOT a good idea!]

Not sure if everybody there today would like to add their name to the list and possibly their SA Australia alias to help people remember who is who in the great trek

Great meeting and chatting to everyone today

Thanks Camper excellent idea !

Amarula worked so why not keep the venue it worked unless someone has any other ideas

Edited by Hendie

[Hendie - personal details removed]

Hi Erica,

Yes we were chatting to Patrick at the end of the table, Amarula was fine but what about a braai in a picnic venue next time so that we can chat a bit easier. Anu suggestions?

Candice and Mauritz :blink:

Hi

We didn't get to meet most people yesterday.

Robyn and Luke Taylor & Erin (7) and Joshua (3)

I am an Australian citizen and Luke and the kids are applying for the spouses visa. We are hopefully leaving as soon as the visa's are approved.

I think the picnic would be a great idea

Robyn

Hi Guys,

We were also there yesterday: Dave (terbo), Michelle and Caeleigh Terblanche. We were sitting at the end of the table with Graham and co and Candace and Mauritz.

I must thank Camper for taking the initiative and organising the table etc for everyone.

Met some very interesting people and was surprised at the turnout. :blink:

[details removed]

Camper I heard a romour that you are a Toti boy...is that true? If so we must hook up as we are in toti as well.

Regards

Dave

No, born and bred on the Bluff and now stay in Glennwood.

a picnic and braai is fine with me, lets put together some venues and dates and make a decision.

Inanda Dam is a nice venue, can organize a boat or two.

Shongweni Dam.

I cant make it Sunday 3rd June.

Cheers

Hey Camper,

I have lived on the Bluff for 6 years, i thought you looked familiar LOL.

Any day in June seems to suit us at the moment but once a date is decided we will make a plan to be there, I think fathers day is also in June so that weekend wont suit a lot of people.

Candice

Hi there all

Wow, what a turnout, certainly an eye opener!!

Things can only get better......

Our details:

[Hendie - personal details removed]

Just got a job offer in Brisbane and will leave as soon as the 457 is approved.

The next venue at one of the dams seems like an excellent idea, at you can move around a bit and mingle - Amarula is a great venue, but we couldn't get to meet everyone.

C ya soon

Regards

Johan

Hi all

I also like Camper's idea of a braai somewhere, perhaps at one of the dams. Not sure what date suits yet...obviously not fathers day but any other should be fine at this stage saturday or sunday?

Hi Celeste,

I always like a Saturday as you then still have the sunday to prepare for the week, but whatever suits everyone else is fine with us.

Candi & Mau

I heard that there were possibly 40 or 50 people at this meeting.

Unfortunatley I was too barbied-up, and missed the Amarula meeting on Sunday.

APPARENTLY COFFEE WAS NOT ON THE MENU.

My good mate Rob who just got his VISA, met a fellow "Soon to Depart", and apparently they said a hearty fairwell to Charles Glass.

This is very unfortunate, because I live a stone-throw away and could have leopard-crawled home.

Hi

We didn't get to meet most people yesterday.

Robyn and Luke Taylor & Erin (7) and Joshua (3)

I am an Australian citizen and Luke and the kids are applying for the spouses visa. We are hopefully leaving as soon as the visa's are approved.

I think the picnic would be a great idea

Robyn

Hi Robyn

We have children in the same school and weird never got to chat - funny part is our children did. My son Keagan was totally chuffed that Erin was there and had a great time

We definitely need to get together where are your off to in Australia ?

Kloof / Krantzkloof Gorge is a nice place to braai / have a picnic on a winter day

Shongweni & Inanda Dam entrance fee R10 per adult R10 per child are awesome place for a family braai / picnic ( these are quite a distance for our toti members and bluff members to drive )

Great Day

There is a typo with our name and email the 'r ' got left out some how, it should be:

[Hendie - personal information removed]

I'm not quite sure they let 'leopards' into Australia.

You might have to learn to waddle like a wombat after a night out "on the turps".

Hmm tend to agree so that those of us who like our afternoon naps on a sunday can still enjoy...only for those into rugby this might be problematic...but I stick my vote with Saturday but don't mind negotiating if this doesn't suit others.

Hey Guys

Amarula rocks!

Else its BYO...

There is no way I could leopard-crawl home from Kloof or the Dam.

See: Forum Topics: Amarula Huge piss-up

You can "nap" when you get to Aus you lazy South African Shiela...

See you at Amarula.

Folks, I have removed personal details from this thread. I would STRONGLY caution against posting such information to a public website like this. Not only could it be compromising in your current situation in South Africa, but it is also the kind of thing that Internet phishers employ to get your personal information in order to attempt identity theft and other underhand Internet activities. If you want to contact others, do use our PM system, or email using the forum email facility - they are designed to help protect your identity. ;)

Folks, I have removed personal details from this thread. I would STRONGLY caution against posting such information to a public website like this. Not only could it be compromising in your current situation in South Africa, but it is also the kind of thing that Internet phishers employ to get your personal information in order to attempt identity theft and other underhand Internet activities. If you want to contact others, do use our PM system, or email using the forum email facility - they are designed to help protect your identity. ;)

Thanks Hendie for the help

I have emailed people directly each others contacts who wanted to make contact

Hi Robyn

We have children in the same school and weird never got to chat - funny part is our children did. My son Keagan was totally chuffed that Erin was there and had a great time

We definitely need to get together where are your off to in Australia ?

Hi

I am sorry we didn't get to meet!! We were sitting at the other end of the table!! We are off to Sydney, hopefully in the next few months. Had medicals yesterday and now the wait begins!! Where are you going, and when??

What grade is Keagan in, and how is he coping with the "move". Erin seems excited and her teacher is aware of the situation and has been very positive about it!! So I am hoping that she will adapt well to Australia.

Hopefully we will meet at the next get together!

Robyn