Cheapest way to SEND money to SA

Naz

Hi helpful and informed SAffers

Please can you guys advise on the options to send money back home ... the most cost effective option, as it needs to be done regularly.

Thanks in advance

Hi

I send money to Botswana quite regularly. I do an on-line international transfer through my bank- NAB. I pay a flat fee of AU$22 per transaction. I always do the transfer by 9am (Aus time) and the funds are in the receiver's account that same day afternoon (receiver's time).

If you go this route make sure you make the payment in AU$. I once made the mistake of transferring in US$ and ended up paying a US$25 bank charge to an american clearing bank just because I am paying in US$. This was in addition to the charges levied by my bank and the receiver's bank. When I transfer in AU$ there is no third bank charge.

Edited by zamunda
  • Like 1

Hi Naz.

Have sent you a PM.

You can give Exchange4free a call anytime and we will gladly assist.

All the best.

Hi Naz.

Have sent you a PM.

You can give Exchange4free a call anytime and we will gladly assist.

All the best.

Hi TaraLawrie

Sometime back I got Exchange4free to give me an on-line quote but kept getting a better rate from my bank (even after the bank charge). What has been your experience?

Hi Zamunda

I would love to be of more assistance and so have sent you a PM.

Kind regards

Hi TaraLawrie

Sometime back I got Exchange4free to give me an on-line quote but kept getting a better rate from my bank (even after the bank charge). What has been your experience?

Hi Duncan,

The exchange rate you are quoting from NAB on AUDBWP is the ‘Interbank Rate’. This is the mid-rate and is not indicative of the actual rate that a customer will receive and does not include any sending or receiving fees (the bank in Botswana will also charge you a receiving fee of up to BWP 450).

It is important that when you compare our rates that you are comparing simultaneous exchange rates as the rate of 7.42 is pretty much the interbank rate which is impossible for a retail customer to receive.

Our exchange rates are all-inclusive and tiered according to the size of your transfer and importantly we are covering all costs.

At the moment we are offering AUDBWP 7.07 on AUD 500 = BWP 3,535 into your bank account.