Excited to start this journey

MelissaMichael

Hi all

So for ages now , I have wanted us to start the process of leaving SA, either to Aus, NZ or even Canada ....

My hubby has been with the SAPS for 21 years going nowhere fast unfortunately, so he resigned end of 2014. He recently joined Westpoint Executive Suites - Duty Manager / Investigations / Loss and Control

He is 47.

I am in executive level recruitment, and a qualified make up artist. I am 31

We have a gorgeous 2 year old daughter, and he has a 22 and 19 year old daughters, who we have just put into college to get their degrees so they at least have prospects of a future.

We have made the decision that for our sanity, safety, and for our daughter, we need to make this change. We will be going for a seminar end Feb about Aus, NZ and Canada immigration etc but always could do with more info, more advise and thoughts.

Cant stay here, our children don't deserve all that is going on, sadly

All my friends that I see who are in Aus, love it, and would not come back to SA ... cant wait - in God's name we pray

Have a great day peeps :)

Hi Melissa, welcome to the forum.

Reading what you have stated above, my thinking is that for Australia you will probably have to do your research in you being the main applicant, as your husband is 47 and the cut off age is 45. It would not make a differnce to him be able to work in Australia, it just makes him the secondary applicant.

Good luck with your research, I hope you find the answers to the many questions you will have.