New member and starting the process...

Shiven06

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Durban, South Africa and like most South Africans that have relocated to Australia or are thinking of relocating, I share similar problems as them.

At the moment I am acquiring all the information I can, about relocating to Australia and recently attended a seminar held by IMMagine immigration. My girlffriend will also be accompanying me on this trip to a new life and we already have a million questions to ask.

This is really an awesome forum and very informative.

• Like 2

Welcome :D This forum has been invaluable in assisting us with our application, so I am sure you will find answers to your questions here. If not, ask in a new topic and I sure that you will get feedback on that matter. We all have different criteria for our lives over there, our applications are unique to our particular circumstances and visa type, so there is no one size fits all answer to the entire process, but you will find plenty of assistance for the aspects of the process that we all have to experience ( eg IELTS, Home Affairs, PCC's etc )

All the best!

Edited by EmNew

hi Shiven06

Welcome to the forum :ilikeit: . There is just such a wealth of information on the forum for newbies and even some people that have been here for some time. In a nutshell this is the placed to be.

...some advice from me. If you have made the decision that this is what you want to attempt, I suggest that you do the following post haset:

• apply for passports for all persons wanting to join you;
  • apply for Unabridged Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates;
  • Obtain original syllabi, results and full academic history, certificates for degrees, technical course and studies completed;
  • Investigate whether your 'occupation' appears on the SOL or the CSOL;
  • do the same for you partner/spouse; and
  • get some indication of what the visa you intend applying for, will cost you.

Then after you have obtained/contemplated these suggestions start researching whether you want to use and agent or do this yourself. Understand, that even if you use an Agent, you will still need to obtain the basic documents that I have suggested above. You will also need to obtain an IELTS examination result or another test to prove English, a skills assessment, medicals and Police clearance certificates.

That should place you at an advanced stage to commence the process from a document point of view. This process can take you from 1-4 months, depending on how easily how can obtain the documents.

I wish you guys all the best in your endeavors :blush-anim-cl: .

Thank you EmNew and Neburr for the above comments

@Neburr: I have researched some of the things you have mentioned but you definitely gave me a structure to start on, so i will be starting on the above mentioned items.

Welcome Shiven06, I do hope that you find answers to your questions here on our corner of cyberspace!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all that listed information above. My wife and I have also recently made the decision to apply. @ shiven i will relay and usefull info i come across.