Three months in the land of Oz......

TammyP

What a joy to read your story. Wish everyone's was the same as yours. But with the right attitude and a bit of luck, landings can be good ones. Well done!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing!! You made me smile :)

This was such a lovely post to read. Thank you for sharing. We leaving next week Friday for Brisbane and getting super excited. So glad your family has settled so well.

All the best.

Hi TammyP

Thank you so much for sharing.

I found so many little nuggets in your email, that are relevant to me, or questions I wished to ask. Thank you.

I hope it continues to be a wonderful experience and you guys grow from strength to strength.

Thanks for sharing. Taking the leap of faith and moving to Australia without jobs is really scary, but reading your story gives us hope :ilikeit:

• 6 months later...

Really is an excellent read. I'll be honest. A few times I got a lump in my throat - how you wrote about your happiness to be in Australia.

Edited by JevonLeRoux

...............just ask and someone will help.

Such a brilliant statement and I believe that is the key. But from my own experience unfortunately something that doesn't sit well with me as expat South African, as we have some pride! But as my dad was used to say don't spoil it when someone wants to do good for you....they also get enjoyment from it!!!

Australians are a volunteering nation and strong on community involvement/building with lots of willingness to help. I remember it was such a surprise when I heard the first time about a group of people that are going to do olive picking/cherry picking (cant remember which commodity) for a friend as they couldn't get enough labour for the peak season and this is common!