Arriving Dec 2015

Faduv

Morning everyone, got the good news this morning our 190 for South Australia has been granted. We are now "permanent" Australians - like a tattoo, forever...................

Will bug you over the next few months with questions and the like........

First one - Anyone going on holiday in Jan 2016 (first 2 weeks) and need house sitters (2 adults and 2 well behaved kids B)) while we look for rental, please let me know. Will send pictures of our house and current rental etc. to show we really look well after property.

Thanks

• Like 2

Faduv, if I can give you the best advice, if you need to job hunt when you arrive, then do not arrive until end January. Nothing happens in this country during January, it is the holiday month....

Thanks Mara. The schools however start 1 Feb and we need to get rental in school zone. So we will need to sacrifice a bit. We will treat Jan as holiday...

Cannot remember when last I had 4 weeks leave.....

Must be such an amazing feeling , to move from application-themed posts, to making plans for arrival! Congrats again on your luckiest Friday 13th ever!

Edited by EmNew

Congratulations, and totally agree with Mara. Jan is probably the worst month in Australia business wise. Most places only open around the third week because the schools go back so late.

Yip, I been job hunting since 5 Jan, and only started to get jobs lined up end Jan, into Feb. still no work though.

Hi Faduv, my wife looked at a couple of available rentals in January and found a suitable home in a good school zone. You should not have a problem finding rentals in this time.

Yep, some people take the time to change their circumstances in January, new year, new beginnings, leave for overseas, all that sort of stuff, so there should still be movement in January in terms of rentals.