What other options are there if you are still on waiting list - Kindy ?

jeannegerber

HI Guys

Coming over first week in July and arriving In Sydney. Planning to stay in Northen suburbs (Wahronga - Hornsby). What other options do we have for childcare if we don't get a spot in Kindergarden ?

Will you both be working from the start? I would suggest both looking for work, the first one that gets something decent goes to work, while the other stays with the kids for a while, till you have figured out your bearings and have secured a place at child care. In the mean time the "stay at homer" could perhaps do something more flexible in the evenings, if money is really tight. (Couple of hours of shelf packing at Woolies to get $ and staff discounts!) While at home with the kids you could join as many playgroups as you can find and go to every kids activity on the library term schedule.

Thanks for the advice. My wife will be starting on the 27th of July and I am still sorting out my transfer. So the changes of both of us working are pretty good, else I guess I will be a stay @ home dad for a while.

She could join the facebook group "Northern Beaches Mums" and post on there asking if anyone knows of available child care. Its also an (temporary?) option to employ a nanny to look after both kids at home. My friend in Gordon (down the road from your area) pays $25 an hour for both her kids. The nanny can take the kids to loads of activities (some virtually free), like the ones I mentioned above, so they dont sit at home the whole day.