Refer-a-friend subscription incentives

greggle

I'm using a bit of initiative here and setting up this thread in the hope that those who have already landed can benefit from those who are landing (and visa-versa). So if you are a subscriber to a service that offers some kind of incentive for referring a 'friend', or if you are looking to subscribe to a service that offers incentives for being referred, you can post your offer / request here.

For example, if you are an Amaysim customer, both you and I could get a $10 credit if you refer me (when I land in September):

http://www.amaysim.com.au/refer-a-friend.html. As they say: "You win, they win, everyone wins (#winning)."

NB: I would recommend that you use discretion and only swap personal information including email addresses via private messages!

Good idea

I was referred to the Electricity provider Powershop http://www.powershop.com.au/ by someone - we both got $75 credit immediately.

A slightly different type of payment system in that you pay up front for your electricity. They give you a price and you can choose to buy a lump of electricity at that price. For example I could buy electricity for Winter now at a reduced price.

I found that even their non discount price was competitive, plus there was no contract should I wish to change provider.

If you would like me to refer you then I can generate an email which is sent to you inviting you to join them.

PM me your email address if you would like me to refer you.

Note like car insurance etc it generally does not pay to be loyal to your provider (or at least you should generally try to re bargain a discount on the cost and compare with other providers). My previous utility provider only offered to up the discount they would offer us (to the same that they give new customers) after we had switched providers.

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Amaysim, my mobile provider, have announced a great new plan where for $44.90pm you get unlimited mobile and landline calls, local and international SMS, 5GB data

... AND ...

300 FREE INTERNATIONAL CALL MINUTES (INCL SOUTH AFRICA) TO BOTH MOBILE AND LANDLINES!

I have been very happy with them as my provider to-date - calls back home are crystal clear!

See https://www.amaysim.com.au/mobile-plans/unlimited-5gb-plus

PM me if you would like me to refer you - we will both get your first month for just $5!

• Like 1

We also used Amaysim for or our activation trip, still have the sims. We're only moving in May 2016, but I will keep that in mind and check back here closer to our moving date. I expect that we will load money onto the sims via the internet just before we leave RSA, then we can hit the ground running when we stop over at Sydney.

We were also very happy with the service we received from Amaysim, and we had good coverage for the whole trip. Although we didn't go further than Sunbury from the Melbourne CBD.

Panda, just be aware that prepaid sims deactivate a few months after the last recharge has expired. It's normally around 6 months (Optus), I'm not sure for Amaysim. I guess you could load it up with a few dollars every 6 months if you need to keep the number.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know.