10 Day LSD trip - recommended cities to visit?

Jos

Hi guys

So I've just processed my EOI and am now planning our LSD trip for August this year. We are flying into Sydney and out of Perth. I'm just a bit conflicted as to what other cities we should try visit in the short time we are there. I work in software development, so I was thinking Melbourne, but my wife is not keen on the supposedly bad weather Melbourne experiences. (Having lived in Dublin for quite a while, we have had our fill of bad weather :) ) Any other suggestions? Are Adelaide or Brisbane worth a look?

Thanks a lot!!

Adelaide and Brisbane are fantastic.

Just don't expect too much in the software developer job line. I have a very soft spot for Adelaide.

Perth has a surprisingly vibrant software community, BTW.

See if you can join any SIGs before you go - I had a few nibbles off the PLUG (Perth Linux User Group) list. The job I got off there was never advertised, because I had it already - one guy went to bat for me with his boss because of the quality of help I was handing out on the list - don't underestimate it.

You'll be doing yourself a disservice leaving out Melbourne (shudder) - at least 30% of the jobs will be there. The weather isn't ALL that bad - only by Aussie standards.

Thanks a lot for the very valuable and useful tips OubassDik. I'll definitely take that all on board! Small world... you come from Roodekrans and I grew up in Wilro Park.

Yes, well, I was a Mafeking boy before that and then spent years in the Braamfontein, until driven out - headed west until the air was clean and settled.