Stolen backpack & 4 hooligans shatters "Australian Dream"

Riekie

I read the Ozzie news every few days and the thing that amazes me is when a body is found on Saturday morning, an arrest is made later THAT SAME DAY! If anyone believes that Australia is free from crime, then they are living in a dream world......but I do not have to set an alarm when I am home alone. I often go for a walk on my own and feel very safe. I am not constantly looking over my shoulder. Earlier this week, I was on a walk, exploring the neighborhood, and came across a new beach that I hadn't been to before. So I started making my way down a pathway toward the beach area, there was bush on either side and no one in sight ..... I decided I was being a little brave and turned around to go back to the road. It probably would have been fine but no one is special and Australia has people who live here that might have tried to steal my cell phone or watch ..... They may have even stabbed me. You cannot live in a dream world without crime .... It does not exist.

At the moment, I'm attending a family funeral in a place 800 kms away from where I live in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia.

I hope I managed to lock my front door and east and west doors to my house. Also my garage with lots of power tools and stuff inside.

If I overlooked to do so, I'm not fussed. I won't lose any sleep over it if I get back and find the house all unlocked.

In the 20 years I've lived there, nothing has ever gone astray. . . . . . so, no need to worry.

• Like 1

The Adelaide incident was on the 1st of May 2011, so not that recent. Dont know what happened to the shooter, will have to Google, but my money is on "very much crazy".

Kanniewagnie, the shooter, a paranoid schizophrenic, shot his mums neighbours on orders from "the devil".

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/life-in-detention-for-hectorville-murderer-donato-anthony-corbo/story-e6frea83-1226358760034

What a coincidence today when I was telling my husband about this story. Turns out that the surviving wife works at the school where one of his relatives works. People might be pleased to know that she has remarried and she and her children become citizens tomorrow. Apparently, despite what happened, she stills thinks that the move to Oz was worth it.

• Like 6

What a coincidence today when I was telling my husband about this story. Turns out that the surviving wife works at the school where one of his relatives works. People might be pleased to know that she has remarried and she and her children become citizens tomorrow. Apparently, despite what happened, she stills thinks that the move to Oz was worth it.

Poor lady it is impossible to imagine what she and the rest of her family has been through. I hope she and her children can find some peace and happiness in this lifetime.

Edited by Mikej
  • Like 1

What a joke! When I read it I thought ok, another "seee! Seeeeeeeee! Crime in Australia as well! Type article..

I'll take my chances with the youths and will make sure not to leave my stuff lying around ..

Pfffft

• Like 1

what did you do in Australia today?

took the kids down to one of the Theme Parks on the Gold Coast today - left my bag with wallet, cards and some money in it plus my iPhone and my car keys unattended for most of the day withouth a worry in the world. Plenty of people around that could have helped themselves but didn't

meanwhile in South Africa ..... http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Calm-restored-in-Soweto-police-20150124

Poor lady it is impossible to imagine what she and the rest of her family has been through. I hope she and her children can find some peace and happiness in this lifetime.

Yeas, so do I - Alpha Centauri has no human inhabitants at present - they should be safe there.... or we could nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure .....

Having siad this - I wonder how it will be seen later ...remember people, Irony.

Edited by OubaasDik