The necessity of a Skilled Assessment

andrewtheronsa

• 1 month later...

Just wanted everybody from this thread to know that I finally got my grant for PR189, so relieved. Also wanted to thank everybody here for their help, much appreciated.

• Like 2

Well done! :ilikeit:

All the best for the packing and moving and job hunt. (Our turn is coming in May 2016)

Sounds like things are moving along - I submitted docs with police certification and it was no problem. Your CO will let you know if any docs are a problem and ask you to resubmit them.

Whoops! Didn't realise there was second page! Good on ya mate! Exciting times ahead!

Hi All,

We are currently going through the stressful process of applying for a PR 190 SA. I found this web site and it seems we are not following an exact process, which is a little concerning, but not a train smash. I rendered the services of a MARA approved agent (AVP Migration, based in Perth) to run the full process, on recommendation of a mate that used them for a job sponsored visa, which was successful. I also thought it was the right thing to use an agent to make sure the process was done correctly for such an important undertaking, even though the costs are high (children come first). I paid $ 1500 to the agent for "Advice, preparation and lodgement of skills assessment" with AIM. My agent said he thought the pack was fine and submitted on my behalf to AIM. The pack submitted to AIM was for application of Corporate General Manager and after 9 weeks (including a request for a certified copy of my electronics certificate in week 7), received feedback this week that my application was unsuccessful. I am a Managing Director of a business with over 6 years experience as a General Manager, another 3 years as Operations Director/ GM (same role but elevated due to shares being issued), and will have 2 years experience as the Managing Director next year February. I have 8 departments heads reporting to me for over 10 years now in a multi million rand SME environment. I do not have a formal Degree but am approved and undertaking my MBA based on experience currently. (My agent disagrees with the findings and said he is looking into it). Also why would AIM ask for a certified copy of my electronics certificate only to reject my claim?????

I went ahead on the English test and I wrote the Pearson Academic Test and scored 90 90 90 90. This was not submitted to AIM. So at least this is out of the way.

I am at a complete loss as to how my AIM was not approved, and would appreciate and advice or recommendations on what action i should take to this massive dilemma i find myself in??

Thanks in advance,

Marco da Silva

Hi Guys

since this is a thread about skills assessment i just want to let you guys know that i received a positive skills assessment from ACS :-)

Lodged on the 31st July got a positive result on the 7th August. A nice surprise for the long weekend.

I was shocked at the quick turn around time, but i guess getting all the documentation correct beforehand really helped. Have to thank the agent for that one :-)

Take care just wanted to give you guys an update and one step closer :-)

Next up, Pearson's test.

Congrats on the positive skills assessment Yuvi!! Good luck with the Pearson English Test!! I'm sure you will get all above 79!!

Congrats. Which agent did you use?

Hi Marco

I am using Migrate2Oz. Good guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the positive skills assessment Yuvi!! Good luck with the Pearson English Test!! I'm sure you will get all above 79!!

Thanks for the good wishes, I wrote yesterday and got my results today :

Overall : 89

Listening - 90
Reading - 88
Speaking - 84
Writing - 89
Really happy :-)

Well Done!! That fantastic scores!! Another one of the requirements to cross off the list!!

You did very good Yuvi congrats.

I mentioned this in another post :

I wrote the Pearsons test yesterday afternoon and thought i would give my feedback. I have not written the IELTS so can not compare.

I must say they were quite efficient signing you in and getting ready.

I was a bit worried when i saw the layout and yes the other voices can be a bit distracting but i don't think enough that you can not concentrate. THis was only during the first section thought, the speaking. The rest is was really quite.

If i had to do i again i would still go with them.