Meet & Greet Service

Riekie

Some cities in Aus have a free meet & greet service run by volunteers. I am not aware of such a service in Sydney and would like to start something up. Obviously I can not do it alone - any takers? Any suggestions?

Howzit! I'm happy to try and help out - not sure how yet, but willing to give it a bash!

Thanks - as soon as we can get a few of us interested, we can discuss how we will approach it. It will basically get down to assisting with finding accommodation, draw from resources to provide the basics to operate a household (such as mattresses, pots & pans etc) until their container is delivered. Be an emotional support system. Have info ready on all the logistics such as the transport system, finding a school, church, shopping centre etc - all the things we ourselves found to be of great importance when WE first got here.

I don't think enough people get down to this part of the forum - I see very few posts and even less responses under the migration section. I'll take it up with Hendie again - maybe we can have "tabs" at the top of the page which takes you down to the relevant section as soon as you "click" on it.....

Some cities in Aus have a free meet & greet service run by volunteers. I am not aware of such a service in Sydney and would like to start something up. Obviously I can not do it alone - any takers? Any suggestions?

I would love to help out in anyway it will be a great opportunity to meet people and create a new circle of friends. Count me in.